If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT BARGAIN NEEDED Onkyo TX-SR308+speakers

Options
  • 07-04-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

There's a thread going in bargain alerts regarding the 2010 model Onkyo TX-SR308 which is currently onsale for 169eu from ibood. It was mentioned to try the rs thread in hopes of securing a package deal to include this receiver and a 5.1 speaker set. (I was thinking the panasonic 285s or the cheapest jamo)

So what's the best you can do for me? I'm happy with open box sets. Shipping to Cork.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

Here's a link to the original thread in Bargain Alerts:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056231951

Total price with delivery is 185.

What can be done for us long time board members and richersounds supporters? :)

I can pick up at the philips shop if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Doodio.

Cheers for the post.

The Onkyo 308 is now finished and already replaced by the 309 and we cannot get any 308's any longer.

The best options that I would have for you would be the Yamaha RXV367 witht the Yamaha NSP285 for £249.99 including delivery or the deal that we have on the Denon DHT1311 at £299.95 which is a much better pack given that the speakers are really good and the 1311 receiver is also a bargain.

We simply can't get the 308 any longer, so unfortunately we can't supply one.

Sorry, but keep me posted if either of these other packs are of interest or if I can help any further.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for getting back to me on time. Do you have any of the one-box onkyo systems? Any older ones or clearance? Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi doodio.

We have the Onkyo HTS5305 left in stock and could offer one for £329.95
    http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-S5305_.html
    We have one of these brand new boxed.

And we have also one of the Onkyo HTS6305's which we could offer for £349.95 also Brand new boxed.
    http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-S6305.html

You could also have a look at the Onkyo HTS3405 which have arrived in with us to replaced the 3305 pack. It is currently priced at £299.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1128&Results=true&keys=onkyo

Let me know if any of these take your fancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

Looking for a RXV367 alone, how much would that be (delivered to ROI). Is there any other amp under 200£ which might be a better value? I have MCube 5.1 speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kumar_aq wrote: »
    Looking for a RXV367 alone, how much would that be (delivered to ROI). Is there any other amp under 200£ which might be a better value? I have MCube 5.1 speakers.

Kumar,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - We are just playing catch up today!

The RXV367 is currently £159.95 and we have them in stock ready to go - we also have the excellent Denon AVR1311 that we are doing on a Boardie special at just £149.95 - both will work well with your Missions - however on pure Audio quality the Denon would probably have the edge.

Delivery on either of these is just £12.95 and they are both available from stock ready to ship.

Keep me posted if I can assist in any way and again thanks for the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Completely lost as to what's the better system here, onkyo or the denon? Having not heard them in person I'm not sure. I've an onkyo receiver at home (canada) and it's a higher end model. I'm very pleased with that, but I'm just not sure how these systems stack up and compare to one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Keoin18

Hi there
    I saw this thread and didnt want to start a new one so adding to it!
    I thought I had purchased that ibood offer, but turns out they cancelled it. I was going to get the Yamaha NSP285 to go with it too.
    What do you have along those lines? I saw the offer on the DENON AVR1311 and Im annoyed I missed it! is that one coming back soon?
    Regardless Im looking for something along the lines of a DENON AVR1311/Onkyo TX-SR308 with speakers for below the €300 mark.
    Any suggestions?!

Thanks
    E

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I saw this thread and didnt want to start a new one so adding to it!
    I thought I had purchased that ibood offer, but turns out they cancelled it. I was going to get the Yamaha NSP285 to go with it too.
    What do you have along those lines? I saw the offer on the DENON AVR1311 and Im annoyed I missed it! is that one coming back soon?
    Regardless Im looking for something along the lines of a DENON AVR1311/Onkyo TX-SR308 with speakers for below the €300 mark.
    Any suggestions?!

Thanks
    E

E, we have the AVR1311 Denon available at just £149.95 or as the DHT1311 pack at £299.95 including 5.1 speakers.

Alternatively we can do the AVR1311 with the Yamaha NSP285 5.1 speaker pack at just £249.95.

Apologies for keeping you waiting and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Keoin18

great, thanks for the prompt response guys! bit to think on!!

E

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.