Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just got a reservation at the fat duck!

Options
  • 07-04-2011 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

WOW!!

I'm in Ireland for a month and london for 4 days, about 2 months ago myself and a friend were heading over to london for 4 days and we decided to chance our arm and go on the reservation list for the Fat Duck ...

Got and email on Wednesday saying there was a table for 4 !
    But since I went on 2months ago my friend pulled out so i desperately tried to email a few people as had till 9am to get back to her!

Woke up this morning to people saying yes!

So now all booked and heading to fat Duck next thursday 14th!
    I fly in at 2pm so hopefully my flight won't be cancelled!!

I will put up photos next week!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Oh, you lucky, lucky person! Next time - please invite me - it's a lifetime ambition to go eat there, even if I have to take out a second mortgage (or sell the husband) to do so. I got The Fat Duck Cookbook a week or so ago, and have been drooling over it ever since. Looking forward to your report and pics (please take loads!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Actually if anyone is in the Northside dublin area, Books unlimited have the fat duck cookbook (or at least did have) for 25Euro + 20% off = 20euro

also there is a cheap bookstore near baggot street/shelbourne hotel that had copies of Heston's Fantastical feasts for 10euro

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lucky Prick!!!
    :D:D

I'm going to try, but since i'm flying at xmas, its not happening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Take photos!!

V.jealous :P

Here are some photos I took, such an amazing night!

and if anyone goes get the wine pairing, you'd be amazed of how much difference they make

• Advertisement

and part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

That all looks totally wonderful - one day I'll get to go there! In the meantime I'm just going to stick my nose in the Fat Duck Cookbook and dream.

Were there many people taking pics of the food? I have this idea that the whole place would be full of people doing just that - I know I would be.

Yeah a good few people were taking photos, a lot weren't but they seemed to have done it all before though! I just used my iPhone but others seemed to have a full SLR going, but the tables are pretty far apart so we didn't really notice other tables unless we looked around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Wow. Looks amazing, what an experience. Saw him make the Black Forest gateau once on TV and it couldn't believe the amount of work in it. Nom.

What was the best?

• Advertisement

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    the soup was a form of beef soup (the watch was a concentrated beef stock)
    It wasn't raw anyway, their was a piece of pork cheek, the egg was a swede puree and a turnip & cream gel
    The recipe is here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/heston_blumenthal/article6336443.ece
    though we were told the meat was cheek, the article has oxtail, it was very very soft and tender -
    diddlybit wrote: »
    Wow. Looks amazing, what an experience. Saw him make the Black Forest gateau once on TV and it couldn't believe the amount of work in it. Nom.

What was the best?
    Easily the BFG, it was so complex and just tasted amazing, the ice cream was fantastic, it simply didn't melt!! which was so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Wow, wow, wow!!!! You lucky duck! The pics are fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Your pics are great and thanks for sharing..
    Was just wondering the cost (roughly).... I know my girlfriend would love it.... and with a birthday coming up and all that!!!
    Thanks.

thelungs wrote: »
    Your pics are great and thanks for sharing..
    Was just wondering the cost (roughly).... I know my girlfriend would love it.... and with a birthday coming up and all that!!!
    Thanks.

all in GBP
    160 for food
    90 matching wine (a choice of 90, 140 and 300+ roughly)
    17 for champagne starter

12.5% service charge

Advertisement