Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Variable ND (Neutral Density) - 82mm - HOT NEW ITEM!

• 07-04-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

Check out the link below, I am looking for a good (82mm) ND filter at the moment, 7day shop sent me this e mail this morning it look very interesting and they give a 1year guarantee with it also see below

Please do not be put off by our ultra low price. This 7dayshop product is top quality and for your complete assurance and peace of mind we offer a 1 year warranty on this 7dayshop.com product. Please remember if for any reason whatsoever you are not 101% delighted with this product, please return to us within 30 days of receipt for a full refund of the purchase price paid!
    However, if you are delighted with this product we would really appreciate your time leaving a little review or at least tell friends, colleagues and family how awesome you thought the product was! Thanks a lot.

Please let me know if you have one, or you're thoughts on it

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=111259&PHPSESSID=v5ksmlq2v3cccdbr712ehinlk7

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

worth noting that there's no brand info supplied; looks like stacked polarisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

worth noting that there's no brand info supplied; looks like stacked polarisers.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I got some 7dayshop email the other day. Probably really really cheap stacked polarisers :)

I've never had a particularly good opinion of the own brand 7dayshop filters. I have a couple of coloured ones for B&W and they're literally some sort of coloured dye coating on what looks like uncoated glass, uneven and rough around the edges. Definitely not recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

You gets what you pays for, this is my experience of almost everything in photography. Buy this with caution, you could expect the 'ND' to dramatically shift colour at the darker ends. I stand to be corrected. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

all that said, how much do 82mm filters go for normally?
    a colour shift could be good fun; it doesn't always matter if your pics are not as sharp as the small end of nothing whittled down to a fine point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

From what I've read, Singh Ray and Fader ND are the only decent variable ND filters around at the moment. And they ain't cheap. The Singh Ray is particularly expensive for what it actually is, with the Fader ND being a little more affordable

That being said, both have become the filters of choice in the DSLR video world. It's actually quite difficult to find certain sizes of the Fader ND for example, as the demand is so high. There's also a lot of knock offs floating about. Avoid ebay at all costs if you're looking for a variable ND!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Fireman wrote: »
    However, if you are delighted with this product we would really appreciate your time leaving a little review or at least tell friends, colleagues and family how awesome you thought the product was! Thanks a lot. [/B][/I]

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=111259&PHPSESSID=v5ksmlq2v3cccdbr712ehinlk7

I bought one of their own brand graduated filters and was really disapointed with the quality; I sent in a review saying as much that they didin't put up. Looks like thy only put up the ones that say the product is awesome.

Advertisement