Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Park in Harold's X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

You do.

And its great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Just seems a little unbalanced is all. So many other parks left with little or no care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

It's a Dublin City Council park. I pass it every day and I agree it really looks well. I think the fact that it is so compact makes it easier to maintain as it only has the playground, flower gardens and walkways. A lot of bigger parks have loads of open space and pitches which never look as neat as the smaller ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 buka bulka

Where is this park? Never heard about it. Would like to go when the weather gets better

I mean what's the nameof that park? Anyone knows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Don't know the name of it but if you're coming from town, you head to the hospice in Harolds Cross and the park is where the road forks into two (one to terenure, one to kimmage) heading out of town.

It's a very small park

ollaetta wrote: »
    It's a Dublin City Council park. I pass it every day and I agree it really looks well. I think the fact that it is so compact makes it easier to maintain as it only has the playground, flower gardens and walkways. A lot of bigger parks have loads of open space and pitches which never look as neat as the smaller ones.

I know what you mean but I pass it most days and almost without fail there is at LEAST 1 person working there with his hi-viz jacket on. I've seem up to four lads working it at one time. It's a beautiful park and would be great if all parks could be this well kept...but they are not. Why is this park treated so well and not others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Its called............... Harold's Cross Park.
    Its so well maintained because its so small and easily viewable by traffic on both sides.

Dotsey wrote: »
    Its called............... Harold's Cross Park.
    Its so well maintained because its so small and easily viewable by traffic on both sides.

Thanks, should defo go

According to Wikipedia: One explanation of the origin of the name Harold's Cross is that it is derived from the name given to a gallows, which had been placed where the current Harold's Cross Park is situated. Harold's Cross was an execution ground for the city of Dublin during the 18th century and earlier. In the 14th century the gallows there was maintained by the Archbishop.

illibig_park.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

iamstop wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I pass it most days and almost without fail there is at LEAST 1 person working there with his hi-viz jacket on. I've seem up to four lads working it at one time. It's a beautiful park and would be great if all parks could be this well kept...but they are not. Why is this park treated so well and not others?

you have precious little to be concerned about! lol

iamstop wrote: »

This will really wreck your head, iamstop. This week they're laying new tarmac on all the footpaths in the park. Maybe the auld Queen is lined up for a visit!

Yeah I saw the work they were doing. Made me think of this thread but I guess no one else sees what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

pop along to the following talk re the history of the park :

http://www.haroldscross.org/events/20110426.htm

I used to play there in the 60's and remember it as being very neat and trim. Went downhill in the 70's if memory serves me. Nice to see it looking good again.

Advertisement