Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports headphones

Options
  • 07-04-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I though you guys would know best.

I'm finally going to get off my a$$ and get to the gym. I would like some good headphones to have with me.
    I'd like ones that won't fall out, especially when on the treadmill.

Can you guys recomend any good ones (i.e good sound quality, comfortable, won't fall out easily) for about 20e?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I got a pair of these at the expo in USA in January and they are wesome. Never ever fall out and are really soft and snug in the ear. they guy selling them had a measuring thingy to tell you what size to get. p[erhaps on the website , they can advise you how to measure yourself.
    they fit like a moulded hearing aid insert. Not expensive but cant remember ezxactly how much.
    http://www.yurbuds.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I bought the Sony ones recommended in this thread.
    They stay on and are comfortable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69422861

I dont find earbuds comfortable at all,
    for any length of time, and they hurt a lot by the end of long run.

Bought them on ebay. Can't remember how much, but they were definitely
    less than €20.

They look silly, but I am beyond worrying about how I look when running,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

kiddums wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I though you guys would know best.

I'm finally going to get off my a$$ and get to the gym. I would like some good headphones to have with me.
    I'd like ones that won't fall out, especially when on the treadmill.

Can you guys recomend any good ones (i.e good sound quality, comfortable, won't fall out easily) for about 20e?

You've run into a problem there. You have a limited budget so will get limited quality for that money if i'm honest.

In ear is the best bet with one long and one short that you can loop around your neck so they move less during exercise.

Personally i wear sennheiser when exercising as they have a great sound and are good quality so they will last as well.

These are what i've used for almost 2 yrs and i've ran about 1000 miles with them

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?type=product&id=26627

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I got a pair of these at the expo in USA in January and they are wesome. Never ever fall out and are really soft and snug in the ear. they guy selling them had a measuring thingy to tell you what size to get. p[erhaps on the website , they can advise you how to measure yourself.
    they fit like a moulded hearing aid insert. Not expensive but cant remember ezxactly how much.
    http://www.yurbuds.com/
    They look quite good. Shipping costs might get in the way but I'll look into them when I get home.
    I don't see a price or an online shop and I'm not able to get to Dublin. Does look like a useful bit of kit tho.
    huskerdu wrote: »
    I bought the Sony ones recommended in this thread.
    They stay on and are comfortable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69422861

I dont find earbuds comfortable at all,
    for any length of time, and they hurt a lot by the end of long run.

Bought them on ebay. Can't remember how much, but they were definitely
    less than €20.

They look silly, but I am beyond worrying about how I look when running,
    Whats the sound quality like from them? I'm slightly hard of hearing so I need good quality.
    I has a similar style of ones before and they were awful quailty.

I'm used to the buds, I don't find them uncomfortable anymore. I did when I started using them at first.
    You've run into a problem there. You have a limited budget so will get limited quality for that money if i'm honest.

In ear is the best bet with one long and one short that you can loop around your neck so they move less during exercise.

Personally i wear sennheiser when exercising as they have a great sound and are good quality so they will last as well.

These are what i've used for almost 2 yrs and i've ran about 1000 miles with them

I had a really good pair of sennheiser twist in ones for the past 4 years and I finally broke them today.

I had the style you mention of one cable being longer than the other.
    I got them for 22e which was a good price for them and they've served me well. Plenty of use, I've even fallen asleep wearing them.

I would love to be able to afford a pair like that. But I wouldn't be able to justify that kinda spend. Mabye if I was jogging outside a few times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

The Philips ones with the around-back-of-head-band that are washable under the tap are working well for me at the mo. Good solid sound, fairly comfy despite my big head, and somewhere around the 20eu mark.

Got em on Amazon & associates. Apologies that I don't have the model, but the washable feature makes them stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Eh gads brain. 60 euro!! Les than 20 on Ebay

I tend to go through headphones like crazy. Have a pile of half working pairs lying around the house. Had a pair of Sennheiser before and the sound was top class but i broke them within six weeks.
    Does anyone know if these sport ones are more durable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Bicky wrote: »
    Eh gads brain. 60 euro!! Les than 20 on Ebay

I tend to go through headphones like crazy. Have a pile of half working pairs lying around the house. Had a pair of Sennheiser before and the sound was top class but i broke them within six weeks.
    Does anyone know if these sport ones are more durable?

Ya e bay is cheaper but you have to make sure your getting the real deal from the seller !

I find Sennheiser very durable, i'm using the same pair to dj for 12 yrs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cian287

I have been running and cycling in the Halo headphones for a year now and they rock, comfortable and great sound - money well spent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

where'd you get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 cian287

Advertisement