Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno Wave Rider 13 alternative

Options
  • 07-04-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Have just started running this year ,had a gait analysis done and was recommended Mizuno Wave Rider 13's. I like them ok, the only problem being occasional blisters on the inside of the foot above the arch, and this only happens in light socks. I think based on this shoe that I have normal arches and underpronate slightly.

I would welcome any recommendations for alternative shoes as am about to get a second pair and want to try something different. Maybe Nike Pegasus.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the rider 14 are out, they might suit your arches better. I'd stick with them if they are working out for you, I've found them the best shoe for me. Or maybe try the wave creation, which is a bit of a heavier Mizuno shoe but still as light as all the competition.

Other similarish shoes are the asics nimbus and the saucony progrid jazz.

The pegasus isn't too far off either or the adidas supernova glide.

well they are a light neutral shoe. On getting another shoe - you won't really know until you get out running with another shoe if it's really going to suit you or not.
    options for you could be - other fairly light everyday trainers...

New balance 890 (new - supposed to be v.good but not sure if in Ireland yet)
    Nike Lunarglide 2 (personally I like these - dynamic support works!)
    Progrid Jazz as mentioned above is a good option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jayok77

conseng wrote: »
    Have just started running this year ,had a gait analysis done and was recommended Mizuno Wave Rider 13's. I like them ok, the only problem being occasional blisters on the inside of the foot above the arch, and this only happens in light socks.

Hi conseng,

I am in the same boat in that Mizuno WR 13 were the shoes of choice. Unfortunately they stopped making them :( and replaced them with the WR 14. There is a difference though in that the heel cushioning at your achilles is quite a bit higher and some wearers have reported increased rubbing here as a result. After some more gait analysis I have since switched to Mizuno Wave Inspire 6 as the replacement because I dont like a the new high heel cushion and these are great. Plus they are cheaper so I don't mind buying two pairs at a time!

I also suffered blisters where you have but only running on long hard downhills, I use them for trail running. I think it was just that particular pair however and subsequent pairs (3) were fine. If you feel on the inside the seam is probably causing the problem, get a scissors or sandpaper or something to sort it out maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've been a fan of the Waverider 12s and 13s, but have done a couple of hundred miles in the 14s (and a marathon) and don't like them. Stiffer, smaller toe-box, just don't like them. My Mizuno precision 10s (neutral, slightly lighter than the Waveriders) have just gone to the recycle, so I've ordered a pair of Precision 11s and will see how I fare with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Thanks for the feedback people. I was a bit concerned that I was recommended the Mizunos because that was what they happened to have in stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement