Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet options killorgLin

Options
  • 07-04-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

has anyone got any suggestions for a good phone line free broadband in killorglin, good enough for ps3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm in Milltown and use 3. Very good for xbox live amd faster than when I had eircom BB. The likes of Permanet and KerryBB would also be as good, you don't need massive speeds for online gaming (about 1mb) but latency can be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Is that a 3 dongle in your laptop, and sharing the connection ya

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I use the wireless router and my laptop connects wirelessly, I use an ethernet cable to connect to my 360. You may wanna ask around and see what the coverage is like in Killorglin first, cause once you get into a contract with 3 and if your serivce is poor, it's nearly impossible to break that contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 julanont

Despite what the operators say broadband is pretty slow. All the dongle type things you must use ie 3, vodafone etc... don't work well at all.

I have a 8mb package and I have done several speedtest and not more than 2mb.

I was in this place yesterday - http://www.killorglinringofkerry.com/zest-cafe/ and they have free internet at the cafe and I was able to get great speeds.

Advertisement