Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dried Porcinis

Options
  • 07-04-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey,

Picked up a bag of Dried Porcini Mushrooms when on offer in Lidl a while back ...anyone got ideas on what I could do with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I use them in a chicken and mushroom risotto - just hydrate them about 20-30 mins before adding to the dish by pouring boiling water over them. You can use the liquid in the risotto too, just be careful not to use the dregs, because they can be a bit gritty.

p.s. I got mine when they were on offer in Lidl too - bought 5 bags of them! At 99c a pack they were hard to resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I only got 3 of them :D

I powdered some in the food processor, then dipped raw scallops in the powder and pan fried them. Nice!

I also used some in a mushroom risotto - I used Jamie Olivers recipe from his 30 minute meals book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Powder them in a spice grinder and mix in an equal quantity of seasalt. Use over eggs - scrambled or poached. Rehydrate the mushrooms and add to stews like beef in red wine or sausages in hunters stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Minder wrote: »
    add to stews like beef in red wine or sausages in hunters stew.

Great idea - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They go lovely with veal :)

If you fancy another risotto with some big flavors, try porcini & gorgonzolo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Thanks....the dust idea sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I bought a bag about 2 months ago in Lidl too so smiled when I saw this thread... Love the idea of using them for Risotto. Wish I had bought a few more bags now:)

Advertisement