Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Blueface Compatible with IMAGINE??

• 07-04-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Am currently with Eirc*m & am being ripped off big time I think... seems to be a much better deal with imagine..

BUT - I use Blueface for work so just wondering if this VOIP is compatible with IMAGINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I have been using Blueface on a fixed wireless connection (not imagine) for several years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

marley123 wrote: »
    Am currently with Eirc*m & am being ripped off big time I think... seems to be a much better deal with imagine..

BUT - I use Blueface for work so just wondering if this VOIP is compatible with IMAGINE

Are you on WiMax or DSL? I am on Imagine DSL now, haven't had call issues with Blueface on that, don't know about WiMax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If its the WiMax you're on about, it'll work, just will the connection be good enough, I suggest you have a read of the few threads on the midband forum, ask there. From what I've seen it'll not work well, Blueface won't need speed, it'll need consistently stable pings which Imagine WiMax isn't giving as theirs is mobile WiMax.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It will depend on:
    1. If your Broadband is fast enough for voip?
    2. Imagine is not blocking voip services on their network.
    I know that vodafone are blocking this. Otherwise it should be fine.

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    It will depend on:
    1. If your Broadband is fast enough for voip?
    2. Imagine is not blocking voip services on their network.
    I know that vodafone are blocking this. Otherwise it should be fine.

VOIP doesn't need speed, in fact less than half meg each way is fine for blueface, it needs low latency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

marley123 wrote: »

Am using Blueface on Imagine Breeze Broadband (fixed wireless) no problem

try wrote: »
    Am using Blueface on Imagine Breeze Broadband (fixed wireless) no problem

Yeah, but their Wimax isn't fixed, its mobile, most users have self install dongles behind glass and walls

Advertisement