Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Streets and Lanes

• 07-04-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i suppose a different type of photo thread here..post here interesting pics of the cities streets and most importantly streets and lanes that are perhaps less known..id love to see the "unknown Limeirck"!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Not a bad idea. There's many little interesting little streets and lanes around the city that a lot of people wouldn't know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

foinse wrote: »
    Not a bad idea. There's many little interesting little streets and lanes around the city that a lot of people wouldn't know of.

the intent of this thread is to get loads of pics of places that people wouldnt have seen or heard of before from around the city..was up by vizas place and the back of henry st yesterday and i was so impressed, like a completely different town altogether..really cool..what i like about Limerick is u have all these little town areas then you go downtown and have all the modern big buildings and wide streets..

Vizas place?

sorry vizes court..well up around that area..so many different laneways etc,the smells of oil and summer..something i havent smelt since i was a child, kind of hard to explain!

dave 27 wrote: »
    well up around that area..so many different laneways etc..

Do you mean Vizas Court up by Joseph Street? I love that area, very different to the rest of the city and apparently what the Parnell Street area used to look like before Parnell Street was widened.....Well according to my Gran anyway.

• Advertisement

Do you mean Vizas Court up by Joseph Street? I love that area, very different to the rest of the city and apparently what the Parnell Street area used to look like before Parnell Street was widened.....Well according to my Gran anyway.

yes that whole area there, you could be located in any other town in ireland and you wouldnt tell the difference..thats what i love about it, its so cool to walk around those places away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. love to see pics of those areas for everyone to see!

Here's a few from around my area (yes it's a city area, not suburbs) . I'll put some more and better up later today.

154424.jpg

154425.jpg

hah interesting..looks similer to an area of the north circular road..wandered up into a housing estate there and had a small castle in the estate! couldnt believe my eyes like! crazy stuff!

I'm around SCR area, some crazy stuff around alright, I'll see what else I can find. It's an idea that appeals to me. So I'll be contributing as much as I can to this thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

334655893a9924286228l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Back of the Windmill?? This could be a guess the limerick lane thread!! :D

Just had a look on google street view of Vizes Court,a gran-aunt of mine lived there years ago..noticed this interesting looking place,i know st view is old, but is it still there and what is it?
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=vizes+court+limerick&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Vizes+Ct,+Limerick,+County+Limerick&gl=ie&ll=52.656703,-8.6313&spn=0.000561,0.002044&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.656661,-8.631342&panoid=SKP047g_RhH59aBiqTylbQ&cbp=12,207.19,,0,-7.63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Here's a few from around my area (yes it's a city area, not suburbs) . I'll put some more and better up later today.

154424.jpg

154425.jpg

Is that the avenue/lane off Courtbrack avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Back of the Windmill?? This could be a guess the limerick lane thread!! :D

Just had a look on google street view of Vizes Court,a gran-aunt of mine lived there years ago..noticed this interesting looking place,i know st view is old, but is it still there and what is it?
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=vizes+court+limerick&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Vizes+Ct,+Limerick,+County+Limerick&gl=ie&ll=52.656703,-8.6313&spn=0.000561,0.002044&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.656661,-8.631342&panoid=SKP047g_RhH59aBiqTylbQ&cbp=12,207.19,,0,-7.63

My sis lives in Vizes court, yes that building is still there, and it's a house at the back of a house on wolfe tone street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

padma wrote: »
    My sis lives in Vizes court, yes that building is still there, and it's a house at the back of a house on wolfe tone street :)

Thanks Padma, must take a spin up around there, its been years since i was last up there.

5621145579_8b0507b0b1_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

i can remember when that street was a lot busier.

Advertisement