Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I change NAT settings on my Xbox 360???

• 07-04-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I cant game online on my Xbox 360 which I recently registered Xbox live gold membership for 12 months because the NAT setting are st to strict. I went into the router configuration on my laptop and enabled the NAT and added Xbox 360 to my applications on it and all the nessesary ports are open. But the Xbox is still telling me it is set to strict even after I enabled it. What is the problem???????????

Btw Im using a vodafone USB modem which is plugged into the sharing dock. The internet is working fine on the xbox i can use facebook and all that. I just cant game online because of these strict NAT settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It would be your router settings that you'd have to change not the 360's.

http://hushedcasket.com/node/1724

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908880

Check those links.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ligerleo

chin grin thats what Im talking about dude I did change my vodafone router settings not my 360 settings I enabled NAT on my router so I should be able to game online but I still cant. There was no availuable option to set the NAT to Moderate or open but I did add Xbox 360 to my NAT applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

I'm using O2 broadband and have an Open Nat. I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    I'm using O2 broadband and have an Open Nat. I'm happy.

Thanks for the helpful advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Xinkai wrote: »
    Thanks for the helpful advice.

My pleasure. If ever you need anything, just post it and I'll be happy to oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Reset to factory defaults on your network settngs.
    Go to portforward.com and follow the instructions.
    If this doesnt work call your ISP and see if they're blocking the ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Put the IP address of your Xbox into the DMZ section of your router.

60% of the time it works everytime

Advertisement