Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Provider

Options
  • 07-04-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

What do people think is the best internet provider to use for playing wow? used to use the o2 broadband but thought it was poor enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

UPC hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

UPC are geenuinely best in country without doubt.

Have been having some issues over the past few months when it comes to disconnecting but I think its more router related.

Our whole raiding team run off UPC, so its safe to know that atleast if UPC is having issues or downtime, I'm not missing raiding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

TheDoc wrote: »
    UPC are geenuinely best in country without doubt.

Have been having some issues over the past few months when it comes to disconnecting but I think its more router related.

Our whole raiding team run off UPC, so its safe to know that atleast if UPC is having issues or downtime, I'm not missing raiding :D

Im on upc myself, there can be annoying interuptions but never frequent enough to annoy me into changing ISP, however it seems between 00:00 and 00:30 everynight the past few months my internet drops and i cant get back on for like 2-3 minutes, its becoming less frequent now but annoying if it results in a long ass grave yard run ;D

EDIT: man my posts are all over the shop when posting in work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    Im on upc myself, there can be annoying interuptions but never frequent enough to annoy me into changing ISP, however it seems between 00:00 and 00:30 everynight the past few months my internet drops and i cant get back on for like 2-3 minutes, its becoming less frequent now but annoying if it results in a long ass grave yard run ;D

EDIT: man my posts are all over the shop when posting in work

yeah oddly enough same with me its between midnight and 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The problem with UPC though is that it's unavailable throughout most of the country. I'm lucky to get DSL as it is.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I had magnet before UPC and I thought Magnet was better.

During my year playing WoW on Magnet, I disconnected a handful of times and it was all router issues. Don't remember a single lag spike. I've been with UPC and have had issues with lag (especially around Cata launch) and disconnect from WoW about once a week. This isn't much, but happens much more than when I was with Magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Cable can be affected by what your neighbours are doing, so for some people it will work really well, and others not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

eyfm5 wrote: »
    What do people think is the best internet provider to use for playing wow? used to use the o2 broadband but thought it was poor enough.
    UTV are godly. They're cheap and you will almost never have a congestion problem and you'll usually get speeds higher than you really should on your package. Like I've got 7.6Gb and it's more like 8Gb, not huge but how many services have a difference between the advertised speed and what you get that goes up.

Also if you get a referral you and they get a month free and if you don't need a modem (which if you do they'll give you free) you get a month free. When we signed up it was two months till we payed them anything. They give you cap-less for the first 3 or 6 month, can't remember after that it's like €6.

Also, and make sure you're sitting down for this, their customer service... is competent. And so friendly. I had a problem, not directly related to their service, I rang 5 minutes before their helpline closed and the guy I got stayed on the phone with me until the problem was solved.

Sorry, I just really love UTV's service.

Advertisement