Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop red layer

Options
  • 07-04-2011 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

In Photoshop, when I click on a layer to edit I'm getting this red hue/tint across the layer and can't do anything with the layer.

It's obviously a setting somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember what causes this to happen. Anybody remind me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Can't remember what would be triggering it, it may be down to the file type you're using (double clicking the layer maybe?) It's the alpha channel that you're editing when that occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

BrianD wrote: »
    In Photoshop, when I click on a layer to edit I'm getting this red hue/tint across the layer and can't do anything with the layer.

It's obviously a setting somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember what causes this to happen. Anybody remind me?

Have you not clicked anything else? (i.e there is no layer mask applied?)

Sounds like its a layer mask that you're seeing. Go to channels, and see if there's a layer mask channel, and turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Try hit this button, sounds like you're in quick mask mode.

7895-QuickMask.jpg

Advertisement