Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/ Party Venue for birthday in NCD?

Options
  • 07-04-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

My partner is 30 in the summer and I would love to organise a surprise party for him in NCD.
    The ideal locations would be Portmarnock/ Swords or Malahide as it would suit the majority of the guests.
    There would be 50+ guests. It would be great to have a separate area in a pub or something.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Noamh mhearnog (sp?) has a pretty good function room. Might be tricky to lure him in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Been to a few birthday parties in the GAA club in Malahide and that was great for that size crowd. Also the Harp Bar in Swords have a section upstairs for parties, really good place to hold a 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

A lot of people are using the function room in Peacocks Bar in RiverValley, Swords. I think the Lord Mayors bar in Swords rents out up stairs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Upstairs in duffys in malahide :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Upstairs in duffys in malahide :D

Duffys is closed though, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Duffy's is closed for renovations.
    Suggestions in the area:
    St Sylvester's GAA Club on Church Road in Malahide
    Naomh Mearnog GAA Club in Portmarnock
    PSLC (Leisure Centre) in Portmarnock
    Wright's Bar/Venue in Airside
    Carnegie Court in Swords
    Harp Bar in Swords
    ALSAA at Dublin Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

A lot of people are using the function room in Peacocks Bar in RiverValley, Swords. I think the Lord Mayors bar in Swords rents out up stairs too.

Upstairs in Lord Mayor's is great, especially if you have a DJ or band playing. Decent size, comfy seats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Upstairs in Lord Mayor's is great, especially if you have a DJ or band playing. Decent size, comfy seats etc.

Have to agree with the lord majors.Gf had her 30th there last year and couldn't fault the place.have a number for a family dj if u need one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Duffys is closed though, isn't it?

Yeah it is...is it true that Ronan Keating and Brendan Gleeson have bought Duffy's by the way does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Daisy! wrote: »
    Yeah it is...is it true that Ronan Keating and Brendan Gleeson have bought Duffy's by the way does anyone know?

No.. :D

That rumour has been going around for a while now.. Not sure how anyone believed it..
    It's open tonight and another rumour is that keating is playing at the grand opening.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Allyall wrote: »
    No.. :D

That rumour has been going around for a while now.. Not sure how anyone believed it..
    It's open tonight and another rumour is that keating is playing at the grand opening.. ;)

The place will be empty so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Kettles in roganstown is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Scooby_Doo

had my 30th in the old wrights cafe bar in swords village. Its free to rent the private area (formally the VIP) just above the bar so u have your own space. Platter of finger food 25 euros each. I got 4 for about 50 people and all worked out great. Everyone had a good night!! ;)

Advertisement