Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Minecraft Addictiveness

• 07-04-2011 2:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, how addicted are you to Minecraft?

I've been logging my play on xfire, I've nearly played more Minecraft in the last year than I have of CSS's entire lifespan... just one more game to go after that then... COD4 rolleyes.gif

I also tend to play a bit at work when I can, its a bit harder on the boards.ie server with survival and all, Tal's server is great for hopping on and off a lot. I also spend my time outside of Minecraft not only thinking what would be good on the servers, but what plugins would be good to implement.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

When I first got it i played LOADS, I was unemployed at the time so had time to kill...

Nowadays I dont play as much, as I want to play other games that I never got to finish... Ive too many unfinished games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I only started playing a few weeks ago but i've been putting a lot of hours into it although im only working part time so ive a lot of free time. It's one of those games where you might start with the intention of only playing for half an hour and before you know it 3 hours have passed. I kind of split my time on it between the Boards server and single player.

That said the when i was playing WoW for a few months last year i found it far more addictive hence why i quit playing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not sure what my total playtime is (xfire won't register having MC installed :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Trying to cut down

It's not going so well though :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moria. Nuff said :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I ducked out of a management meeting so that I could mine some sandstone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Raptr doesn't seem to be picking up my play despite having it on my "Games" list which is annoying. I'm normally playing at lunch (although the new Battlefield for Free may change that) in the office and I'll play for a little while before bed (dangerous as suddenly it's 2am).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Guy in front of me in a lecture the other day was playing MC, thought to myself 'he should really be paying attention', after a while I found myself glued to the screen thinking 'quick get the coal..oh no lava..run!':pac:

So addicted I even watch others play:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Look how much time and work I have put into it over the past several months... crazy I tell ya

The only good thing was that I could never access it from work as my pc wouldn't run it!

I recently moved PC's and it does run on the new one.. :eek:

This is worrying news!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FunkyTowner

I'm unemployed. Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

was out today and took me 10 seconds to register in my head that i couldn't just do /home

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnR1024

I sprint out my front door in case of creepers.....
    Minecraft Rehab here I come! :D

Looked up at the sun going down the other day and thought ''shít i better get home soon!'' I'm definitely hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

40% of a module due in tomorrow. Just started writing the stuff up today.

I'm currently online :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I hooked my lappy up to my big surround sound system the other night to watch a movie. Then I decided I'd mine Moria a little more :rolleyes: and off I went.

Then I heard "brrraaaaaaainns" from behind me and I jumped and thought "jesus they've found me!"

I need a serious slap sometimes. :)

DeV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Some pics of Moria? :D

Advertisement