Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle confiscations

Options
  • 07-04-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I had my bike locked to a lamp post along by Stephens Green Shopping Centre/ Gaiety the other evening. When I came back to the bike, it was gone. The thing is that I don't think it was stolen(or at least hope it wasn't), as every other bike around mine along the street that was locked to a post or tree was gone. The Gardai said that DCC have a division going around to remove these from time to time. I've been calling DCC and have been sent from pillar to post with no-one able to give me a definitive answer.
    Does anybody know the right people/ number to contact?? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Sorry your bike disappeared but very much doubt if it was DCC. What they remove is rusty old frames and those wrecks you see with the bashed wheels and bits missing. Don't think they do it willy nilly either, last time a few years ago they advertised that they were going to do a blitz on the city centre.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As the last poster said -- the council says it only removes old bikes which look like they have been abandoned.

You should report the bicycle stolen to the area's local garda station.

Advertisement