Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Relief for Private Rented Accommodation Form help

Options
  • 07-04-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

I lived in an apartment for over a year and a half, and just moved out last month. Seems I am eligible to claim back some rent through the Rent Relief for Private Rented Accommodation system http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it1.html#section6 I was wondering if someone who has done this before could advise me.

I rented the place for a few months in 2009, all of 2010 and a few months in 2011. Do I put down the complete time on the form or do I need to do a separate one for each year?

Also, the form asks for the amount payable each month. If this changed half way through, do I just put in an overall average or add in a note with the full details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WayaWaya

Hi Cunning Alias,
    Hope this helps, I moved in my apt in October'09 and still living in the same apt. Last December I applied for the Rent Relief, I filled in 3 forms for '09, '10 & '11. Got and reduction in rent since February. I don't know now about rent change as mine got reduced after I sent the forms. Make sure you fill in every detail and don't forget to sign them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Thanks for that. I ended up talking to someone in the revenue office and they said that I could put down the three years on the one form. Seems you can do it both ways.

As far as the monthly amount, they said to put in an average over the whole time. It was changed right in the middle so it wont make any difference to the amount I will receive.

Advertisement