If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema AV Receiver needed

Options
  • 07-04-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, looking for something up to max €800 could be new or refurbished
    wish to have onkyo 905 or yamaha 3900, refurbished units from UK are still around this price but most shops don't want to ship it to ROI coz is too heavy
    any proposition ?
    Home Cinema 70% + Music 30%
    acoustic energy evo

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the post.

Unfortunately we don't keep factory refurb units, especially when it comes to the larger a/v receivers as there is just too much to go wrong in them and we are much happier to supply new stock.

The best options that I would have at the moment is the Yamaha RXV2067 which would come in at 1050 Euro or the Denon AVR3311 which would also come in at the same price.

Alternatively, we can do the Marantz SR5005 for 589 Euro.

We also have the new Onkyo TXNR609 on offer for 529 Euro.

We are expecting the new 709 Onkyo and the new Yamaha receivers in, but at the moment there is very little else around this price point.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

€1050 is a bit out of my budget but I have a look closer at this marantz sr5005
    this probably sound better than onkyo 608/609
    first of all I am worry to be disappointed as I had Onkyo 905 for a little while and it was amazing receiver, so probably anything from the current amp series around my target price will make my ears cry :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Obecny wrote: »
    €1050 is a bit out of my budget but I have a look closer at this marantz sr5005
    this probably sound better than onkyo 608/609
    first of all I am worry to be disappointed as I had Onkyo 905 for a little while and it was amazing receiver, so probably anything from the current amp series around my target price will make my ears cry :)

Obecny,

thanks for the posts - in the first instance I would caution you regarding purchasing an expensive re-furbished receiver at this price level - given that most of these come with a limited warranty and especially given the complexity of these units I would always opt for a new unit or at very least be assurred that any ex-service unit is supplied with the benefit of a warranty equal to the new warranty (ie in the case of the Onkyo 9 series a 3 year warranty) .

I have to say that the Yamaha RXV2067 which we can do BRAND NEW BOXED at just €949.99 is an excellent receiver or if music is important to you I would go for the stunning AVR3311, again I have a limited number of these that I can do at €969.99 - I do understand that these are above your budget however they are seriously discounted, brand new and both are quality names that you can be assured will offer you good quality & service.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.