Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me be more courageous (should be fun)

Options
  • 07-04-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm doing a project in Cork next week called Random Acts of Courage. Basically, the idea is to go out and do a whole bunch of things that push me out of my comfort zone. I did something similar back in January but this time I want to take it to the next level. I'm looking for some suggestions for challenges I could attempt.

Some of the challenges I've already completed:
    1. Sing in a public place where nobody else is singing
    2. Lie down in a department store
    3. Get a piggyback ride from a stranger
    4. Strike up a conversation with a homeless person
    5. Try stand-up comedy
    6. Give a stranger a genuine, elaborate compliment.
    7. Get on a random bus. Get off after five stops. Find your way home.
    8. Offer a stranger a hug.

Now before you go requesting I cover myself in blue paint and streak through Cork City, here are a few ground rules:
    • I won’t do anything illegal
    • I won’t do anything that I believe infringes upon the rights of others
    • Each challenge must require minimal preparation (e.g. I won’t be organizing a flashmob or learning how to fly a plane… at least not for this project)
    • Ideally there will be some deeper meaning behind each challenge. Someone already suggested that I shave my eyebrows. Yeah, that would probably make for a funny video, but not much else.

All suggestions welcome. I promise to report back on whatever adventures I have :-)

- Niall

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Try walking up a escalator (Decending) for as long as you can untill security intervenses. My record is 4 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

how about walking close behind random people and mimic there strides..
    however, I do feel that perhaps this may make you feel better and braver imagin how much better if you did a random act of kindness:
    http://http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/Kindness-Ideas/Browse/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Bring boxes, buckets, pots and pans into the city and freestyle drum on them. The worse it is, the longer you go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Play gay chicken with someone. Make sure the other person is straight too though, or it could go horribly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ivanirl1

another escalator one.
    stand at the bottom of a decending escalator and shout in your best scottish accent....

GLADIATORS, READY..... CONTENDERS, READY.....

and sprint up the escalator.

look around at the look on peoples faces or just walk off smiling to yourself :D

fair play for challenging yourself. we should all do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I have this book and it's called '101 Things to do before you die'. Some of the suggestions in that are great but some are downright stupid well worth a look at.

I'd love to do this type of thing in Dublin myself aswell but would rather someone do them with me.

Advertisement