Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is the best pin up artist?

Options
  • 07-04-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, im looking to get a tattoo of a pin up girl. I know what design i want and where i want it. I want to find out where is the best place to go and get it done. I have had a couple of tattoos done in snakebite (tribal and celtic) but i dont know if they would be the best place to go for a pin up girl tattoo. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Classic ink imo

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

colourworks imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

What stype of pin-up? Realistic (colour or black and grey?), new school, traditional... ?

For a traditional piece I'd consider Ross Nagle at All-Star. For colour realistic I saw an excellent pin-up that Joe Myler did on his site. Neither in Dublin, but worth travelling for something as permanent as a tattoo, right?

I'd be browsing online portfolios and looking for somone who has a track record of doing the type of work you're after - this stuff is obvious and you're probably doing it already.

And if you don't see someone you're 100% happy with ... start looking further afield. Ryanair are doing deals right now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Tommy in Classic Ink is great, he did my pin-ups, they're really old school, black and grey.

I've seen some stuff by the guy in Trinity Tattoo which is beside Doyles pub and it was great, they were colour.

Jani does great colour pin-ups too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanehannan

Thanks for the help guys. What im looking to get is traditional colour pin up. I would definitely travel to get the perfect tattoo. I have checked out the places that you's have mentioned and some of them have very good portfolios. I have been looking all over the net and its getting me more and more exited about getting it done. There seems to be plenty of artists out there in Ireland that are very comfortable doing pin up girls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement