Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Dublin City

Options
  • 07-04-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Which parts (areas) of Dublin (meaning Dublin 1, Dublin 2 etc) are considered Dublin City? Is it just up to Dublin 8, or all 24 (if I'm not mistaken) parts are Dublin City?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dublin city is the area administered by dublin city council. it stretches to the hilton hotel on malahide road on the northside, and the dodder river at terenure road on the southside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dublin city is the area administered by dublin city council. it stretches to the hilton hotel on malahide road on the northside, and the dodder river at terenure road on the southside

Technically, you are correct.

But I think the OP means more like where's "town".

Between the Canals? but there's parts of Dublin between the canals that aren't "town". Even close to the city.

Is the Dodder further South than the Tolka is North?

(also, D17 goes further than the Hilton ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    Technically, you are correct.

But I think the OP means more like where's "town".

Between the Canals? but there's parts of Dublin between the canals that aren't "town". Even close to the city.

Is the Dodder further South than the Tolka is North?

(also, D17 goes further than the Hilton ;))

sorry des, should have known

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If you mean the city centre (not Dublin city) then Dublin 1, 2, and parts of 3, 4, 5 & 8 are all within the city centre.

In my opinion, city centre goes as far as Ballsbridge (Baggot St), Rathmines / Portebello (along the Canal) and up as far North as Drumcondra by the north canal up as far as Croke Park, Marino etc.

And from East to West, imo, along the quays it would be from Docklands in the east, as far west as the entrance to Phoenix Park in the west.

So, Des would have it right with between the canals, but if you're looking for postcode, those are all the postcodes contained therein, if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Between the canals would be what I'd consider City Centre too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

City Centre = Within the canals
    City = Anything with a postcode

that's what I'd class it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

City Centre = Within the canals
    City = Anything with a postcode

that's what I'd class it anyway

We canal agree with that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We canal agree with that
    Grand so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

[Jackass] wrote: »
    If you mean the city centre (not Dublin city) then Dublin 1, 2, and parts of 3, 4, 5 & 8 are all within the city centre.

In my opinion, city centre goes as far as Ballsbridge (Baggot St), Rathmines / Portebello (along the Canal) and up as far North as Drumcondra by the north canal up as far as Croke Park, Marino etc.

And from East to West, imo, along the quays it would be from Docklands in the east, as far west as the entrance to Phoenix Park in the west.

So, Des would have it right with between the canals, but if you're looking for postcode, those are all the postcodes contained therein, if I'm not mistaken.

Marino is too far out to be the city center imo, you have Fairview closer to town than Marino, and Fairview is not town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

We canal agree with that
    spurious wrote: »
    Grand so.

I might lock this thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I might lock this thread :D

And throw away the quay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

A Royal solution

Actually the canals are controlled (and possibly owned) from Enniskillen in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

trad wrote: »
    Actually the canals are controlled (and possibly owned) from Enniskillen in the UK

o-O

Not Waterways Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Ste.phen wrote: »
    o-O

Not Waterways Ireland?

Afraid so, part of the Good Friday Agreement

Advertisement