Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Cert in Bus Course

Options
  • 07-04-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi can anyone give me some inside info on the following course ran in Athlone IT part time Adult Education couse im thinking about doing. its starting in September, and i'd like to get some info on what sort of areas it covers. HELP

:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Are you in Athlone yourself? The best place to start would be to check out the website and have a prospectus sent to your home. It would typically outline the course content for each year and the fees payable. That or you could drop into the Adult and Continuing Education Office for a chat with out of the girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

It's a seems like a lot of work mate, you go to class twice a week Monday and Wednesday 18:00 - 22:00 so right there your only getting 8 contact hour's per week full time stuents might have about 20+ contact hours, all depends on the student but this wouldn't be for me

Year 1
    • Financial Accounting A
    • Computer Applications
    • Economics
    • Learning to Learn
    • Marketing
    Year 2
    • Financial Accounting B
    • Quantitative Techniques
    • Business Management
    • European Studies

Course Fee €1,950 per annum

Source http://www.ait.ie/media/athloneit/publications/Adult-education-prospectus-2010.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chris joans

Are you in Athlone yourself? The best place to start would be to check out the website and have a prospectus sent to your home. It would typically outline the course content for each year and the fees payable. That or you could drop into the Adult and Continuing Education Office for a chat with out of the girls.

Thanks i got the prospectus out in the post i'd just like to chat someone that might have done it and would give me some insight if they found it good or not? I tried ringing it Friday goen but got no answer. I'd just like a rough breakdown of each course content listed. cheers? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

GMIT run a similar course. cheaper, far as i know.
    good courses both, good stepping stone into third year, ie degree.
    content accessible, issue will be time to complete essays etc.

Year 1
    • Financial Accounting A

basic maths, interesting.

• Computer Applications

software package prob excel doable

• Economics

straightforward, doable

• Learning to Learn

study techniques etc , highly doable

• Marketing

easy peasy if you like english based subjects

Year 2
    • Financial Accounting B

as above

• Quantitative Techniques

data analysis, input ie doing a survey, collecting data from cso. straight forward

• Business Management

basic, doable

• European Studies

little bit technical, doable

I havent done this course, but em, i've been around...

Source http://www.ait.ie/media/athloneit/publications/Adult-education-prospectus-2010.pdf

:)

the biggest obstacle is fear. if you can read the business section in the Independent with even a vague understanding , then you can do this course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chris joans

thanks ARTSMART
    i really appreciate that info - cheers that's all i needed to know.
    a cheaper course sounds even better as that one in AIT is a bit steep? €1950 per year. i'll check it out 2moro with the college themselves.
    :cool:

thanks ARTSMART
    i really appreciate that info - cheers that's all i needed to know.
    a cheaper course sounds even better as that one in AIT is a bit steep? €1950 per year. i'll check it out 2moro with the college themselves.
    :cool:
    well i mentioned Galway because of your stated location. the cheaper (far as i know) option may be daytime fri /sat or something like that. dont think they have an evening course, so might not suit.
    anyway, it's certainly highly doable.
    best of luck with it

http://www.gmit.ie/lifelong-learning/lifelong-learning-programmes/general-interest/business/start-your-own-business.html

check this out 95 euro, starting mid april. might give you a flavour of re-education

link below states they do the higher cert in business, but you'd need to e-mail them
    art
    http://www.gmit.ie/lifelong-learning/lifelong-learning-programmes/accredited/

Advertisement