Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift free weekend passes

Options
  • 07-04-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

PC Gamer giving away some free passes

From Twitter
    Want to play Rift this weekend? We've got 1000 free weekend codes to give away. First come, first served! http://bit.ly/dNSU0m

Applied for mine there, might get some time Saturday to give it a whirl,

Rifters, can you download the game client online, for free? Cause obviousl yI've no intention of buying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Here ye go, code they sent me for this weekend...
    RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates
    10am PDT April 8, 2011 through 10am PDT April 11, 2011
    Ally Code

GNWN-G2EY-DQZP-MNHQ-Q229
    Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally instructions on how to apply your Ally Code and to download the RIFT patcher.

Usable five times, only posting it here now so doubt there'd be much interest, so should be fine to use.

Oh and yeah, can download the whole lot online for free, dunno what the story is though if you wanted to play after that, think you might have to purchase the full game (but not re-download it all again).

Here's the rest of the email with further details...
    This Ally Code will grant new players (excludes existing RIFT subscribers) a digital download of RIFT and access to certain features of this game during the Allies of the Ascended Event (see above for event dates). You will need to have or create a Trion Worlds Account to participate in this event.
    RIFT requires a recurring monthly subscription fee and an internet connection (for which the player is responsible) to play. In order to continue playing RIFT upon conclusion of the Allies of the Ascended Event, the player must purchase the game software at a retail store or via http://click.trionworlds.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=7cm96,m7re,1njy,i4vg,gw64,e2n9,fsd5 and update their Account information with a valid credit card or official Game Time Card to pay the recurring subscription fee. The first subscription fee will be charged upon conclusion of the thirty (30) days of gameplay time included with initial game purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When is this valid from?

Might give it a spin, got my email confirmation aswell

Today (Friday) until Monday.
    Exact times it becomes effective in the post above, I play on a US server so whatever those times above convert into Irish time, 6pm maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Too bad it's only for new users...
    I played last month but my subscription expired a few days ago and I don't have the money to charge it up again at the moment, but the game was really cool. I'll certainly play it again when I got the money and some real time so that it'll pay off.
    I wish they offered lifetime subscriptions like the one I have for LotRO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Will there be more of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

They are doing it again this weekend:
    We're going to be kicking off another "Allies of the Ascended" Weekend! This key is good for 1,000 uses (redeem it at the link) so pass it on to a friend or use it to try RIFT for yourself! YY2D-ZFJJ-WELD-7WZ3-TJXXWe're going to be kicking off another "Allies of the Ascended" Weekend! This key is good for 1,000 uses (redeem it at the link) so pass it on to a friend or use it to try RIFT for yourself! YY2D-ZFJJ-WELD-7WZ3-TJXX

Advertisement