Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer wanted for a duo to perform at wedding receptions/funerals

Options
  • 07-04-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey there. I'm a serious guitarist looking for a vocalist, either male/female as long as they are commited, proffesional and have the skill, to form a duo to play at weddings/funerals with the intention of making a good income.

Based in Glasnevin.

I've done quite a few funerals with a male singer/friend who is abroad long-term now. Examples are ;

3 times a lady - The Commodores
    If tomorrow never comes - Garth Brooks
    The 1st time ever I saw your face - Roberta Flack
    Home - Micheal Buble

etc.

Generally some songs are at the request of the family so you would be required to learn/practice a few songs in a relatively short space of time.

If you would like to hear samples of my playing feel free to pm me.

No time wasters please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flojomac

Where are you based? How well do you play and what is your main style? have you samples?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedFoxx

Based in Glasnevin.

My main stlye is acoustic fingerstyle, i occassionaly dabble in jazz accompaniment with a female vocalist. I play some tommt emmanuel songs(try to). also electric with 3 bands.

gimme an hour or so to post some stuff on rapidshare which you can download. can you use rapidshare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flojomac

T Emmanuel...nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 penadeegan

hey, around what age would your singer need to be?

age isnt a factor, probably anyone from mid-20's or up would be fine. just concerned about professionalism and skill. i can send you some examples if you like. just let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 penadeegan

well im only 17 but i believe i am professional and quite mature, iv been singing all my life so i would think im quite skilled but i have got other commitments (leaving cert) which are very important to me :)

bump

bump

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bernardmcgearr

Afternoon,

Are you still looking for a singer. My number is <snip> if so. Chat Soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bernardmcgearr: Please note that per the charter, posting phone numbers is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I have been looking for something similar. I am a singer/songwriter based on the Navan Road mate.

You can listen to some demo tracks on my website if you want it PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 asheflynn

Hi there

Interested in having a chat with you about forming a duo - was actually in the process of trying to do something similar myself.
    Before we go any further - what age group are you. I am a mature woman!!

Ashe Flynn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Erin2011

Sent you a pm there!
    cheers erin
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 asheflynn

Hi Again

Am still interested. Also I am new to this "Boards" thing - so I got a response from you saying you sent me a pm??? What does that mean.
    How does one make contact if phone nos. not allowed??
    Do you have email address or can I send you mine??

Singing all my life. Done loads of weddings, cabaret work, Choirs, Funerals, Musicals, Stage Shows, Pupil of Masterson Vocal Academy, next gig St Aidans Cathedral Enniscorthy 27th May.

Ashe

asheflynn wrote: »
    Also I am new to this "Boards" thing - so I got a response from you saying you sent me a pm??? What does that mean.
    How does one make contact if phone nos. not allowed??
    Do you have email address or can I send you mine??
    You should get an e-mail with the subject "New Private Message at boards.ie". In that e-mail there is a link you can click to view your private messages. If you haven't got the e-mail you can still try clicking here to bring up your private messages. The process of replying is similar to replying to a discussion thread, you hit Reply but the Submit button is labelled Submit Message rather than Submit Reply.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to test out the functionality. Click my username and on the menu that appears select "Send a private message".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephen147

been singing in cover bands past 10 years mostly 70/80 s music let us know if your still looking for singer cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

PM'd him/her yonks ago...

no reply.. :(

doughef wrote: »
    PM'd him/her yonks ago...

no reply.. :(
    Well RedFoxx hasn't been online since April 11th according to their profile so if you've sent a PM since then they may have read it but haven't logged into the site to respond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 charlotter

HI WHERE IS GLASNEVIN IN IRELAND! id be definatly up for it sang at lots of funerals already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

writing on behalf of my otherhalf... :) Male singer available professional. currently gigging 2 nights a week looking for more work. excellent vocal ability/range. great stage presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MelK

Hi,

Are you still looking for a singer?

I am a professional, enthusiastic female vocalist. Age 27. My voice is classically trained (but versatile) with a rich bluesy tone.

There are a couple of samples on you tube if you search for Melanie Killion.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mel

Advertisement