Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Galway beginning with S?

Options
  • 07-04-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello folks,

I hope somebody can help me with this! I lived in Galway about 6 or 7 years ago and there was a pub around then (could still be around) that I am certain began with an 'S'. It was a rough enough pub, I think "knacker pub" was the term people used to describe it but I thought it was quite fun! Anyhow, it just came into my head the last day and it driving me mental not being able to remember it. So if anybody who also lived in Glaway around then can remember this very vaguely described pub - please let me know!

P.s.
    It wasn't the Skeff or Strano's or Sally Longs...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Scangurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Can you describe roughly where it was - i.e. was it in the city-centre or near any clubs?

Although if it's still open, it might be very unfair to label a business like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Stage door?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭misstierney

Nope wasn't the Stage door. It was in Galway City. I am driving myself mental on Google here! Have emailed a friend for more details (he also cannot remember the name of it), I had it in my head that it was blue with red writing but he says he's sure it wasn't. I will post when he replies :)

Nope, not Strano's either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Slate Bar
    Sonnys

maybe The Snug??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

A rough location or the name of somewhere nearby should trigger it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

Roughly where in galway city was it? it might be easier if you could narrow it down a little. Was it close to eyre square or eglinton st or was it down the west.I can think of a few places. Was it a pub or night club?

Um, I think it was on a street branching off Shop Street somewhere. And it had a pool room with a smoking area off it. Such a vague description I know, and I apologise!

mixers

• Advertisement

MIXERS!!! Oh my God that was it! Sorry, it didn't begin with an S at all, wooops.

Thanks a million :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

That's closed too now, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

MIXERS!!! Oh my God that was it! Sorry, it didn't begin with an S at all, wooops.

Thanks a million :D

I'm a bitch for that, no it DEFINITELY began with S, I'm a million percent sure... "Was it *names something that doesn't begin with S but has an S in it, or an S sounding letter like C*?"
    Oh yeah, that was it, well it had an S in it... Ahem...

Glad you got your answer, nothing worse than not being able to think of a name!:D

Your welcome.Ya it closed down probably 2 years ago now. Some america name on it now i cant think of it.

Sally Long's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

It's still open although its called yank casserleys now. I heard it's frequented by some of the undesirables that have relocated from Limerick.

I used to scoop a few in there myself when it was Laffeys

Good man couldnt think of it. I knew there was something american about the name:).

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

A thread full of MENSA members.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

yeehaw wrote: »
    A thread full of MENSA members.

You're in the wrong place so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mens sana in corpore sano

Oh, and yeehaw banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sally Long's?

My first thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My first thought

Rough enough pub, 'knacker pub'? Sallys would hardly be the first place that would cross my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rough enough pub, 'knacker pub'? Sallys would hardly be the first place that would cross my mind.
    Yeah Sallys has an unwarranted and frankly untrue name as a rough pub, its always good craic and the music is excellent.

I guessed more from location and S than description. I can't say I went/go to either Sally's or mixers.

Advertisement