Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not been able to recieve texts for the past two days

Options
  • 07-04-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I'm a Meteor customer and have the Samsung Galaxy Europa phone. Since Tuesday my phone has been picking and choosing what messages it wants to recieve. Basically I can send texts but its not recieving most replies.

Anyone know whats wrong?? I'm so close to smashing my phone off a wall here and I've had it for 2 months only xD

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They were having problems with their network. Power the phone on and off and try again and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Didnt work and I've been doing that a few times since Tuesday. Brand new sim card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Didnt work and I've been doing that a few times since Tuesday. Brand new sim card as well.

Has it been like that since you got the new sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

Same thing happened to me. I went to the Meteor store in Liffey Valley and they told me that the phone needed a software upgrade and sent me to a company on Station Road in Clondalkin who did the job for free although they had to keep the phone for 24 hours.

Davy wrote: »
    Has it been like that since you got the new sim?

No, I've had the new sim for a bout a month now :) Just since Tuesday its been acting up.

• Advertisement

Daidy2011 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. I went to the Meteor store in Liffey Valley and they told me that the phone needed a software upgrade and sent me to a company on Station Road in Clondalkin who did the job for free although they had to keep the phone for 24 hours.

Your kidding me?

So basically I need to send my phone off for 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

'fraid so. Good news is it fixes the problem, bad news though is that not all your apps will be availble to you as the software upgrade wipes them and you have to reload them. They even give you a disclaimer to sign before they take the phone from you and commit to doing the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I have that phone, and had that problem as did my sister.

I simply cleared all the inbox and the problem was solved. Don't know why it worked but it did. Alternatively my sister restored factory settings on her own and works perfect now!

Daidy2011 wrote: »
    'fraid so. Good news is it fixes the problem, bad news though is that not all your apps will be availble to you as the software upgrade wipes them and you have to reload them. They even give you a disclaimer to sign before they take the phone from you and commit to doing the work.

Ugh great. :rolleyes: Thanks for your help. Gonna run down to my local Carphone Warehouse now and get em to send it off.

muboop1 wrote: »
    I have that phone, and had that problem as did my sister.

I simply cleared all the inbox and the problem was solved. Don't know why it worked but it did. Alternatively my sister restored factory settings on her own and works perfect now!

Ok, I just cleared my inbox. Does restoring the factory settings remove my apps though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement