Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweet stories

• 07-04-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭

So today I got an email which really took me by surprise and I've been smiling ever since :) It's left me all soppy, I'm afraid :o

Since it had such a nice effect on me, I was wondering, do you guys have any nice/ sweet/ pleasant stories just to brighten up the already sunny day? Just things that have left you smiling and put you in a good mood :)

Comments

A few years ago, I was a member of a dating site which ran many great events and parties. Two members who frequented these events ran into each other, and realised they'd known each other some twenty years back, in fact, they'd been a couple for a short time, broke up and lost touch. I found out the other day that they got married a few months ago. That was really sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

sup_dude wrote: »
    So today I got an email which really took me by surprise and I've been smiling ever since :) It's left me all soppy, I'm afraid :o

Since it had such a nice effect on me, I was wondering, do you guys have any nice/ sweet/ pleasant stories just to brighten up the already sunny day? Just things that have left you smiling and put you in a good mood :)

So you want everyone to share their heart warming tales? Come on, spill the beans, matey :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL, you might get a better response here OP.

Mods, hope this is ok.

Maple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

cantdecide wrote: »
    So you want everyone to share their heart warming tales? Come on, spill the beans, matey :D

:p Well, yeah :pac:

I'm on this chat website and I was talking to this guy a lot last week. Since then I changed my profile picture. I then get this email for him entitled 'I owe you an apology'

I opened it and it was a long email about how very sorry he was, that he had seen my profile picture and looked through my other pictures and that he had some slightly inappropriate thoughts. He goes on to say that he is very sorry and that he finds me very attractive and he thought I should know but then he says he should have kept it to himself but had to tell me. That he wasn't normally that sort of person and usually has to know someone well before thinking like that but if circumstances were different (distance, workload etc), he would have already asked me out.

He finished by apologising (again!) and saying that I should forget he told me that because it he thinks it makes him sound creepy. Followed by another apology!

I felt so sorry for him. He really is a genuine guy and his email really showed how confused and silly he felt. I thought it was really nice and I tried my best to explain that. :p

Advertisement