Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyones Sky+HD box slow and glitchy??

• 07-04-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

For about a week now,my sky+HD box is very slow switching channels at times.It then freezes and stays on one channel,remote wont change channels nor will manuallly turning off box.So I keep having to switch off at the mains,rebooting it.This makes it slightly quicker but on the EPG,when I highlight a programme it says "programme synopsis is not available".Is the box banjaxed?I got it Feb 2010 so am out of contract,presume Sky wont replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

toby2111 wrote: »
    For about a week now,my sky+HD box is very slow switching channels at times.It then freezes and stays on one channel,remote wont change channels nor will manuallly turning off box.So I keep having to switch off at the mains,rebooting it.This makes it slightly quicker but on the EPG,when I highlight a programme it says "programme synopsis is not available".Is the box banjaxed?I got it Feb 2010 so am out of contract,presume Sky wont replace it?

Hold back up button on the box,plug it out and in again while holding the button to do a forced software download,this should help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks zerks-did what you advised,seems to be a little quicker but the EPG is still saying "prog synopsis is not available".However when watching a channel,programme info does appear when I press info....strange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Is it made by Thomson?

No,its an Amstrad box.
    Couldn't change channels at all last night,had to do what zerks advised again.I've a bad feeling the box is knackered.Would Sky fix/replace it for me?Its not in contract unfortunately so I'm guessing they wont?

Sky will happily replace it with a "refurb" for the standard call-out charge. :)

• Advertisement

Any idea how much that might be?I'll persevere with it for a few more days,it better not interfer with watching the Masters tonight!!

I think it's about £65 or €75 now. You can probably get an HD box off eBay for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vdubber9411

toby2111 wrote: »

€100 for a service call, sounds like it could be your cable to me though with the error message you're getting! Check all connections, down near the box and in the attic! The PVR4 boxes (Big HD boxes) are cr*p try and blag a PVR5 of the installer, If you do get Sky out make sure the dishand LNB are changed aswell as the box and cable if its faulty! They have a tendency of just swapping the box and running. If you pay for the service make sure the whole lots checked and done! Good Luck

Advertisement