Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts - DCU

Options
  • 07-04-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just applied for a masters in DCU. As a NUIG undergrad I need to submit my transcripts as part of my application. I just received this e-mail from PAC:
    SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
    Please ensure that you submit supporting documentation evidencing previous
    qualifications and English language competency.

***Please mark all documents related to a specific course, e.g. Article or
    course specific supplementary form, clearly with your PAC Number and Course
    Code. All other documents not relating to a specific course e.g. Result
    Transcripts or Birth Cert, should be marked with your PAC Number only.

Copies of originals must be certified as true copies by the local law
    enforcement authority. e.g. Garda Siochana.

Please submit all documentation on A4 (or equivalent) size paper.

Original documents submitted can not be returned.

All supporting documents can be posted to the Postgraduate Applications Centre, (PAC Number), 1 Courthouse Square, Galway, Ireland.

I just have a couple of questions:
    1) Even though my transcripts have been stamped by NUIG do I have to I also have to get them stamped by the guards?
    2)Do I send the transcripts to the Galway address given? I would've assumed I'd have to send them to DCU.

Any help would be great! (I was going to call into the careers office but I'm not in Galway at the moment.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Rosita

Even though my transcripts have been stamped by NUIG do I have to I also have to get them stamped by the guards?

No, if they are original documents with the seal visible (as opposed to photocopies of orginal) stamped by the college there's no need to involve the guards. The use of the word 'copies' in this case is a bit ambiguous but I'm sure it means unoriginal copies as opposed to just physical copies.

Do I send the transcripts to the Galway address given? I would've assumed I'd have to send them to DCU.

The information you posted is quite clear on this isn't it? You send all supporting documentation to the PAC in Galway where your application went to in the first place.

Advertisement