Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever train with Marcelo Garcia?

• 07-04-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have been glued to MGinaction lately and was just wondering if anyone has rolled with him. The way he makes blackbelts look average is amazing to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I wish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Why don't you head over for a holiday to NY, as far as I remember its only 40 dollars to train in his school for one day... with a bucket load of black belts.
    Some of our guys have been there but he wasnt there at the time... some of the Balance guys from Philadelphia have been there and rolled with him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I think John Kavanagh and Owen Roddy trained with him in ATT in FLorida a few summers ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Foxy is just back from a 2 day visit there and said he was awesome. as Maeve said a one day pass is $40 which entitles you to about 4 or 5 classes. There's also a week's pass for something like $150. You could get a good oul training holiday in NY for €800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

We should totally organise a blast of lads to head over sometime in the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 paganist

did foxy say he was uber strong or was he just too fast. I heard he was really strong but then someone else says he's not that strong thats its speed in scrambles and technique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

paganist wrote: »
    did foxy say he was uber strong or was he just too fast. I heard he was really strong but then someone else says he's not that strong thats its speed in scrambles and technique

I imagine it's a good mixture of both :)

Advertisement