Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice on how to up my pre results =)

• 07-04-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Ok looking for a bitta advice and tips that would stand to me on the day :)

Ok, so i have all my results back.

History 75%/80% on the written without project. Very happy since im close to my A1. Want to maintain it though.

Biology 62% C2 happy enough since i failed the xmas and got a D2 in LC 2010. Want a B1

Agri Science 60% C2 with projects.. Shocked since its a new subject! Would like a C1, or maybe a dreamy B?

French 30% E. But i got great advice on here already and im in the middle of fixing it! :o A D3-D2 would be GREAT!

English 48% D2. Very disappointed since i got a B3 in LC2010. I cannot get motivated to sit and write an essay for them....:confused: Would love a B3 again or even a B1

Art History only examined. Art teacher happy! So am I. Overall ,id like a C1/B3

I got all these results by cramming the night before. Bar history. Crammed that for 3 days lol

Seriously though, about 8/9 weeks left so how can i get those results up?

Need about 445-450 for nursing.

Thanking you all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Studying. A lot. Every night properly, with discipline, getting what you need to get done, done (i.e. those English essays).

I'm not sure what more advice you expect tbh. All grades are obviously improvable with work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I wouldn't say you could just bank on a History A1, based on that. Assuming you get 95% in your project, you'll still need 88.75% to get the A1.
    Also, that level of laziness/cramming is terrible. You need to study. I assume you know this yourself. the best tip I could give you is to get up off your backside and do some work. if you cannot make yourself work in a repeat year, that doesn't say very much good about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Ok looking for a bitta advice and tips that would stand to me on the day :)

Ok, so i have all my results back.

History 75%/80% on the written without project. Very happy since im close to my A1. Want to maintain it though.

Biology 62% C2 happy enough since i failed the xmas and got a D2 in LC 2010. Want a B1

Agri Science 60% C2 with projects.. Shocked since its a new subject! Would like a C1, or maybe a dreamy B?

French 30% E. But i got great advice on here already and im in the middle of fixing it! :o A D3-D2 would be GREAT!

English 48% D2. Very disappointed since i got a B3 in LC2010. I cannot get motivated to sit and write an essay for them....:confused: Would love a B3 again or even a B1

Art History only examined. Art teacher happy! So am I. Overall ,id like a C1/B3

I got all these results by cramming the night before. Bar history. Crammed that for 3 days lol

Seriously though, about 8/9 weeks left so how can i get those results up?

Need about 445-450 for nursing.

Thanking you all!
    Stop being so awfully lazy, and I'm sure you'll be fine. That you are cramming the night before in your repeat year doesn't make your prospects look favourable. You've got to do work. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Honestly they seem like horrible results for a repeat!

450 points is looking really unlikely now, that's a minimum of 6 B3's,
    • Advice get some french grinds one-on-one sessions in languages are actually very good.
    • Don't depend on an A in history, never know how hard the questions are going to be.
    • English, look over Boland , Frost & wordsworth in particular for poetry.
    If your planning on ''cramming'' your leaving cert give up now, because it's not going to come together like magic on the day.

Advertisement