Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Applicants & Mock Results

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

NotExactly wrote: »
    Yes, you're coming across as being quite arrogant. :rolleyes:

might sound arrogant, but it's true. in all of the non-subjective subjects (maths, the sciences etc.), if you have properly covered the syllabus, then you pretty much a guaranteed an a1. the majority of students ARE laughably stupid, and the school system lets them be.

that being said, i will most likely get an a1 in biology/chemistry/physics, an a1/2 in english/german, and anything from a c3 to a b2 in maths, because i have no desire to put even the slightest amount of effort into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Few people are capable of 600 points because the majority of students are laughably stupid.
    Perhaps. The problem is not always a lack of intelligence but the sheer apathy and laziness of some. Arrogance too has been the downfall of many.
    The human gene pool is being run into the ground by today's idea of morality.
    Forget "survival of the fittest".
    Not only do we not euthanise the disabled, we as a species go out of our way to facilitate their existence.
    Eugenics, eh? You aren't a fan of the man with the funny moustache of WW2 fame are you? It certainly seems that you are.
    Meanwhile, the genetically superior among our population (such as myself) dominate.
    LOL, genetically superior yet you got 530 points? If you were genetically "superior" as you call yourself you would have gotten 600 points would you not?

Narcissism at its very finest.

Edit: 6000th post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Pharmanimal

The whole eugenics argument was a little tongue-in-cheek on my part, though there must be some explanation as to why I am so superior to my colleagues.

I only dropped marks on the sciences because I was not willing to mindlessly commit to memory, and subsequently regurgitate, definitons and facts.

The one subject in which I "fucked up" was French.
    A2 = Fuuuuuuuuuu

The whole eugenics argument was a little tongue-in-cheek on my part, though there must be some explanation as to why I am so superior to my colleagues.
    Backpedaling at 100kph I see...

Allow me to explain your "superiority" in two simple words...
    Superiority complex.
    I only dropped marks on the sciences because I was not willing to mindlessly commit to memory, and subsequently regurgitate, definitons (sic) and facts.
    Yes, of course that's the reason why. Someone as genetically predisposed to intelligence such as yourself could never "mindlessly" commit facts to memory. How many definitions were there on the Chemistry paper? I remember there being at most two or three. Surely three definitions didn't bring someone as genetically superior as yourself down from an A1 to a B2?
    The one subject in which I "fucked up" was French.
    A2 = Fuuuuuuuuuu
    If an A2 = Fuuuuuuuuu then a B2 = [LATEX]Fuuuuuuuu^3[/LATEX]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

there must be some explanation as to why I am so superior to my colleagues.
    Thoise who are truly 'superior' dont need to broadcast it; they simply demonstrate it by their actions.

• Advertisement

Tired of this, I came in here to correct someone and end up being eaten alive :P

Tired of this, I came in here to correct someone and end up being eaten alive :P
    You're the one that's tired of this?

You came in here to post misleading rubbish like "Add 100 to your mock total" and then make a few narcissistic posts. What did you expect?

Hugs and kisses :)

Hugs and kisses :)
    Aren't you afraid i'll steal your precious superior genome? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

How did we not cop he was a troll sooner than we got into a eugenics argument?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    might sound arrogant, but it's true. in all of the non-subjective subjects (maths, the sciences etc.), if you have properly covered the syllabus, then you pretty much a guaranteed an a1. the majority of students ARE laughably stupid, and the school system lets them be.

that being said, i will most likely get an a1 in biology/chemistry/physics, an a1/2 in english/german, and anything from a c3 to a b2 in maths, because i have no desire to put even the slightest amount of effort into it

Is it just me or does that not add up to 600 points... Plus why not bother with maths if you could be guaranteed an A1??
    I'm another person who's hoping to get 600 points possibly and I think you might be slightly overestimating your own abilities. I studied for the mocks all right, not a ridiculous amount, and got 580.. I was ridiculously surprised and all that but I'd never go on the way you are goin on on this thing. I can't imagine you having many good friends if this is how you act all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I may be coming across as being quite arrogant ...
    Yes, you are.
    You people must be really bad if you think A1's are hard :P
    Few people are capable of 600 points because the majority of students are laughably stupid.
    Trolling, insulting other posters.
    The human gene pool is being run into the ground by today's idea of morality.
    Forget "survival of the fittest".
    Not only do we not euthanise the disabled, we as a species go out of our way to facilitate their existence.
    0_o

Try Stormfront, you may find like-minded souls there.

Meanwhile, the genetically superior among our population (such as myself) dominate.
    O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us!!
    Big fish, small pond :D?
    Well, I think this small pond could do without your trolling, arrogance and insulting of others ... let alone your distasteful moral opinions.

Infracted / banned for a month.

Actually, given your behaviour and attitudes, I think people have been remarkably polite to you.

Closing this thread, as it has become a trainwreck.

In any case, we have a monster thread for "HPAT and everything med" which would be a more suitable place for this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement