Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Foreign Students

• 07-04-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi,

Was thinking of taking on a foreign student this summer and was wondering what other people's experiences of this were and where/who to contact for more information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi wine, we normally get one for a month in July, its generally fine,if you do get one the best be is the first night they are there to go thru house rules and check if they have any allergies or conditions you need to know about. there has to be someone home in the evenings to do them dinner and preferably someone there at breakfast time too. we had the same girl the last years so she knew the drill and had a good few friends from home over. According to the school we get them from there is very few students coming to them this year so they have just enough to cover there regulars so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

We got a Spanish boy last year and it was absolutley fine, he was out all the time and very easy going. The only issue was keeping to his curfew as they were all haning out on the green in the evenings.
    I know a friend of mine did have a problem, because hers became the house they all hungout in to watch the worldcup etc.
    But I will definatley do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

we have had them the last two years from bray language centre - first year we had a girl last year a boy and not a bother. You are very tied though I found I was racing home in the eve to get the dinner as they are out again quite early. My friend also had a nightmare with hers she was only 14 they couldnt get her out of bed in the morning and she ate nothing for them! Generally its handy money though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gymjunkie123

Hi was looking to taking in students but im unsure how to go about it and what website or agency you's have used???

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Greystones Language School are still looking for host families. Contact:

Mary Howley

Tel / Fax: +353 (0)87 6880586

Email: mary@greystoneslanguageschool.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eeinke

Hi, We live in Greystones and wondering where's the best places to contact for taking in students? All year round student?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

eeinke wrote: »
    Hi, We live in Greystones and wondering where's the best places to contact for taking in students? All year round student?
    Thanks

SEK- http://dublin.sek.es/en/

Their students arrive in early September so they'll be looking for hosts now. You need to have kids of around the same age though.

Advertisement