Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just set up Outlook Express

Options
  • 07-04-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

After reinstalling windows and I can send emails, but not get email from webmail.eircom.net.
    Followed settings from Eircom website.
    Username and password are correct as they work on the website email.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kleefarr wrote: »
    After reinstalling windows and I can send emails, but not get email from webmail.eircom.net.
    Followed settings from Eircom website.
    Username and password are correct as they work on the website email.

Hi kleefarr,

Thanks for contacting us on boards.

From what you say, it sounds like a definite problem with your computer software. Either a problem with the actual email client (MS Outlook); or with a programme on your computer blocking your access.

The main thing was to check your email username and passwords are correct. You have tested and confirmed this using eircom's Webmail. Therefore, it would appear clearly a problem with your computer software.

You could try to access your email using a different email client; other than MS Outlook Express (please see website link below). If this works then you know you have a problem with your current email client (MS Outlook Express). You could try recreating or re-setting up your email account on your email client again. This usually works with most email clients, like MS Outlook Express.

Also, you could try to temporarily disable your anti-virus or firewall(s) applications. These programmes could be blocking your access to certain ports. If you are unsure how to disable these applications then you may need to check with the manufacturers (e.g : Norton, McAfee, Zone Alarm, Etc).

If there is a fundamental problem with your Windows OS or with MS Outlook Express, you will need to contact Microsoft's technical advisors. Their Irish contact is : Microsoft 1850 940 940 (local) www.support.microsoft.com

The following information may be helpful when setting up your email client again :

eircom E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

http://bit.ly/hO5Tho - How to configure your e-mail client

Please let me know if I can help you further on this or with any other issue.

Kind regards,

Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks Ant, will check those out and let you know.

Advertisement