Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communist Defectors Will Be Shot/Cherry Kickflip

Options
  • 07-04-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm part of an experimental electronica group called Cherry Kickflip (we used to be called Communist Defectors Will Be Shot but no one would say that name on the radio). We don't do live performances but occasionally make videos for our songs and put them on youtube.

I'll post some on this thread from time to time.

Any feedback is welcome, also if anyone wants to use the music in short films etc please ask first (but we always say yes anyway).

Here's an oldie (but a goodie):

Pink Snow on a Moon of Neptune

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hmm comes off as a bit pretentious I feel.

The names you've chosen are big alarm bells. The indie scene in particular is bad for doing that and I get that vibe from it straight away.

Whats the point in calling it "Pink Snow on a Moon of Neptune"? It means nothing. Might as well be "Orange Cornflake on my Uncle's testicle". It just sounds as obtuse as possible in some attempt to make it sound interesting. Even doing that is an idea done to death so its pointless.

The video is straight out of the hipster play-book.

Music itself is quite pleasant mostly. Its nice ambient electronic music but its not experimental. You don't need to dress it up in all that other wankery.

My 2 cents anyway. Not trying to offend just an honest opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Anima wrote: »
    Might as well be "Orange Cornflake on my Uncle's testicle".

(Jasper, from The Simpsons voice) I like that song, reminds me of testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MyPunkGang

Hi Anima

Thanks for sharing your views. Most importantly it was good that you liked the tune, though to answer some of the other criticisms the song is an instrumental so the title is as arbitrary as a lot of instrumental titles. It isn't on the same level as calling a song 'Orange Cornflake on my Uncle's testicle' because Neptune's moon Triton actually has pink snow (unless there is actually an orange cornflake on your uncle's testicle - I'm not going to investigate).

Thanks anyway for viewing it and commenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MyPunkGang

Here's another one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRv37s1UTc it's called The Great City of Ballymena. It's about how tough like can be sometimes.

Advertisement