Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors/Surgeries Open after 5 and/or Weekends

• 07-04-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Does anyone one know if there is a doctors surgery open in the evenings/weekends?
    My normal doc only opens 9-5 (i.e. not convenient).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone one know if there is a doctors surgery open in the evenings/weekends?
    My normal doc only opens 9-5 (i.e. not convenient).
    Thanks!

Is it that you want to change doctors to one that does evenings and/or wekends or that you need one now? My doctor doesn't open weekends but he and a group of other doctors seem to do out of hours cover between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

john paul donoghue in dooradoyle with dr cahill and another woman are open saturday morning i think its called rosedale centre-up near collins pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Castletroy Health Centre, there's 3 Doctor's in the practise also have another surgery in Pery Square.

They're open till 7 in the evening in Castletroy but don't know bout weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

maryk123 wrote: »
    john paul donoghue in dooradoyle with dr cahill and another woman are open saturday morning i think its called rosedale centre-up near collins pub

Would definitely recommend Dr Donoghue. I changed to the practise last year from another LARGE unhelpful one in Dooradoyle (I'm sure you all know the one) , and find a huge difference in that I'm actually listened to here and not feeling as though I'm being rushed out the door as if I'm on a conveyor belt.
    I'm sure Dr Cahill and Dr Boland are fine too. I just ended up with Dr Donoghue on the first visit and so have stayed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dr McCann's surgery opposite Ivan's shop in Caherdavin. The daughter runs the surgery during the day and the mother runs it for a number of hours during the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

kiersm wrote: »
    Castletroy Health Centre, there's 3 Doctor's in the practise also have another surgery in Pery Square.

They're open till 7 in the evening in Castletroy but don't know bout weekends

They open for a few hours on Saturdays.
    http://castletroyparkmedical.com/
    Surgery Hours:
    • Pery Square: 9am to 5 pm
    • Castletroy: 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday
    10am to 12pm Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

maryk123 wrote: »

open saturday morning and weekdays till 7 pm.

there is a guy over the chemist near the south court who seems to be open late every weekday and all days saturday ( and i think he may even do sundays as well , but maybe i dreamt that part !!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I'm sure Dr Cahill and Dr Boland are fine too. I just ended up with Dr Donoghue on the first visit and so have stayed with him.

Been to Dr Cahill a few times before he's very good, nice chap too.

Advertisement