Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog groomer in cork??

• 07-04-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone,
    My 10 month old collie cross is looking a little scruffy and i'd like to take her to a groomer. Normally she's very friendly and sociable but she hates baths and would be nervous of strangers if she was left alone.

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in the cork city area?? short drive out of the city wouldn't be a problem either. if they'd be ok with me hanging around while they work on her so much the better :D

would try and trim her myself but to be honest i'd make a mess of it!

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I take mine to Best Friends in Blackpool (by the old Sunbeam). The girls in there are very nice and will be gentle with the baby as it's his first time!:D

PM me if you'd like the number.

Alternatively, if you don't mind students you can take her to St John's College for the students to work on her. They'll be fully supervised and will do a good job. The college have stopped taking bookings for the year, but start again from September.

AFAIK, most groomers DO NOT allow owners to hang around. This unsettles the dog, and most won't allow it for health and safety reasons.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I know a dog groomer in Togher who is brilliant, so friendly and allows you to stay with the dog. I'm just trying to find her name and number! I went last year with my dog and she was just so lovely. She explained everything she was doing and really took her time as my dog is very nervous around people he doesn't know- my dog was spoiled with treats too! Won't be long getting you that number and I'll pm it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

thanks so much for the help guys,
    Nodice, that place in togher sounds perfect and its pretty close to me! abajanincork, would you still send me the number of that place in blackpool please?? would be handy to have in case i meet someone else who needs a groomer.
    thanks again! :D

Advertisement