Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stalking permit

Options
  • 07-04-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

well lads

this is my first year applying for a stalking permit, just wanted to know do i get the gun lisence from the guards first or get the permit?, or whats the story?

thanks lads Xplor.er

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

with my local fo, i rang and asked before putting in the license, he said he wanted a deer hunting permit with the license, might be best to ring and ask him first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Xplor.er wrote: »
    well lads

this is my first year applying for a stalking permit, just wanted to know do i get the gun lisence from the guards first or get the permit?, or whats the story?

thanks lads Xplor.er

Buy a serial number

Put serial number on application including calibre/makers name and grain weight

When you get NPWS permit show to Gardaí was the traditional route.

I went different route, joined target club and shot Targets in early naughties, applied for Permit year or so later from NPWS and got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I've been looking in2 this myself lately and have been told the same as what tack said, pick out your rifle and put a down payment on it, then apply to NPWS for your stalking permit which you need the guns serial number and calibre and what grain bullets you'll use along with written permission from a landowner and his folio number, then when you get this you apply fir your firearms license.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

on the letter that comes with the application form it says that they start to issue permits from august, does that mean i would have to wait until august to apply to the guards for a lisence.
    am a bit worried as the guards in my area know how to take there time in issueing lisences.:(

thanks for the info lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

............. does that mean i would have to wait until august to apply to the guards for a lisence............

You could do as a lad up the road from me done. He paid a deposit on a 6.5, applied for the deer license, was passed and asked for a letter from the NPWS to state that he would be receiving a license to hunt deer in August, then applied for the rifle license, got the license, went shooting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

on the letter that comes with the application form it says that they start to issue permits from august, does that mean i would have to wait until august to apply to the guards for a lisence.
    am a bit worried as the guards in my area know how to take there time in issueing lisences.:(

thanks for the info lads

Apply for your permit and contact the npws and ask the to send you a letter stating that your permit has being granted and will be issued in august, Then hand that in to your station with all the rest of your paper work in order and have a chat and explain your case that you need the rifle for the first of september and in most cases they will have your paper work done and just be waiting to see your permit . After that they will fast track it and you will have your firearm licence back in no time . It have worked for a few friends of mine .

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

thanks for the info lads, thats put my mind at rest:), just hope there is no problem with the permit:rolleyes:

Advertisement