Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert sciences

• 07-04-2011 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Biology,physics,ag science:

PICK 2!
    (Taking into account my physics teacher is fairly crap, the biology teacher is fairly boring and I'm not a farmer (ag sci)):D

Also I am concered about workload as I already want to do 6 other subjects, (chem,geo,french + the usual).

Your opinion...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Biology has a lot to cover. But it's interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

if u were going to pick two id stick with biology and ag science.. mainly because there both kinda biologyish? i dont do ag science but it looks like a branch off from biology.. doing physics, biology and chemistry might just blow up ur brain.. well it would for me anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There's a good overlap between biology and ag science. Ag science has a project worth 25%. You don't have to be a farmer to do it or do well in it. I am biased, I am an ag science teacher. There will also be some overlap with ag science and geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Biology is pretty interesting for the most part.
    You're screwed for Physics with a bad teacher. Sorry! It's also the most interesting, but then again I'm biased :D
    I know a few people doing Ag Science and the ones who struggle most with it are the ones who have never set foot on a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

Well, considering your going to do chemistry, I'd say Biology and Ag Science. They overlap a fair bit I hear and I don't think doing physics as well as chemistry is a good idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

philip___ wrote: »
    I don't think doing physics as well as chemistry is a good idea :pac:
    I did physics and Chemistry,I found it alright. There was a small bit of overlap with raadioactivity,the atom and gas laws etc,but not a whole lot. It's definitely doable though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aoifums wrote: »
    I know a few people doing Ag Science and the ones who struggle most with it are the ones who have never set foot on a farm.
    Well, maybe they should! :D

AgSci is certainly not only for farmers' children, or even rural children, but I suspect it would be easier / more interesting if they visited a farm a couple of times and saw it in action.

Actually, aren't they *supposed* to do so as part of the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭feels2gd2btrue

biology and ag science would probably be the best options. what course do you want to do in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

biology and ag science would probably be the best options. what course do you want to do in college?

I was thinking about doing a course in chemistry or pharmacutical science (NOT pharmacy)

Also considering workload, I've been told that physics homework doesn't take very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was thinking about doing a course in chemistry or pharmacutical science (NOT pharmacy)

Also considering workload, I've been told that physics homework doesn't take very long.
    Neither does Chemistry.

Biology homework generally isn't too long either but you will get a lot of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I do physics, chemistry and biology and I find them all fairly awesome. Physics has some overlap with chemistry, and chemistry some overlap with biology. It's not a major advantage (although the atomic theory in physics was a breeze because a huge amount of it is done in chemistry).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Westsa

Well, maybe they should! :D

AgSci is certainly not only for farmers' children, or even rural children, but I suspect it would be easier / more interesting if they visited a farm a couple of times and saw it in action.

Actually, aren't they *supposed* to do so as part of the course?

Students must have practical experience for their coursework, so really it's a requirement to go and visit a farm and the more times you visit it the better :)

Advertisement