Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdmi optical output adapter

• 07-04-2011 10:34pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, the current setup I have is, I have a hdmi cable and the orgional cable that come with the xbox, both rammed into the sockets it fits if ya take the plastic cover off, the reason for this is so I can plug the optical in on the hdmi cable for sound & use the hdmi cable for picture, but the thing is if I change source & go back to the xbox it restarts, must be confused on which display to use,
    I have been looking on ebay for a hdmi adapter with the optical out so I don't have this problem, like this
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/HDMI-HD-AV-CABLE-OPTICAL-RCA-AUDIO-ADAPTER-XBOX-360-/250763317722?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item3a62a891da but I don't see how the hdmi & optical can be used at once?
    anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have that thing in the link if you want it

Its not use to me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

i just wana get my head around what way the setup is first..
    it plugs into the back of the xbox & there is a slot in that wire for hdmi & the optical?
    cause the way it looks to me is it hase only the audio (white & red) & optical? with no hdmi in it? or do I just plug the hdmi into the normal slot & it all works together?
    how much you want for it?

theres a slot in the back for a optical

ill give it to you for free too

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think I'm just being a little mislead here by it.
    so this just slots into the back of the xbox & a hdmi can fit in too at the same time.
    and the xbox won't get confused & restart when change the source(from tv to xbox?)
    thanks for your gesture, I'll at least cover you for the stamp :p

I presume you have the hdmi cable in the back of your xbox

you need my adaptor to get the opitical going

• Advertisement
Advertisement