Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect on your Windows 7

• 07-04-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

So youve gotten a little bored of your kinect - (well it is aimed at non-gamers) then you might be vaguely interested in seeing what it can do on your pc.

Not that much actually but there is at least some potential.
    This was shown at a Technet seminar a few days ago.

Evoluce AG has released Win&I - Gesture Control Software for Kinect and Windows 7.

Not quite gaming but who else has a Kinect.
    Control Windows 7, media centre whatever. Perfect for the germaphobe.

Still probably a bit gimmicky for your €20 but it is likely the start of a lot more gesture control stuff for pc and the applications are anybodys imagination.

The nuisance is if you have the bundled Kinect with the Kinect connector you will need usb adapter with external power.

I am not rushing out to buy but I am interested to see where it goes and how its used. Maybe medical applications, physiotherapy, disability aids TV remotes, airplane controls :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

There's been much more impressive stuff than this released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I would like to see kinect as a controller for Xbox media center currently I use my iPhone to control it but I have to know the IP address to connect to so I have to run ipconfig on the PC everytime, anyone aware of any project for the PC that can translate hand gestures from the kinect into keys on the PC?

edit: I've just found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=87663

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

justryan wrote: »
    I would like to see kinect as a controller for Xbox media center currently I use my iPhone to control it but I have to know the IP address to connect to so I have to run ipconfig on the PC everytime, anyone aware of any project for the PC that can translate hand gestures from the kinect into keys on the PC?

edit: I've just found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=87663
    you can easily set up a static IP address on your router t set the PC to the same IP every time...

OT: there is great stuff released for the kinect on PC, and most of it is free OP.
    1 guy is working on intergrating photoshop and 3D modeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    ..OT: there is great stuff released for the kinect on PC, and most of it is free OP.
    1 guy is working on intergrating photoshop and 3D modeling.

Yes there is loads of stuff happening, MS are releasing an SDK for kinect integration (or intergration), open source stuff being developed, but not much talk about them on here yet.
    Please inform - links etc. Thats we do round here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Microsoft are way behind here, It took 6 hours on release day for it to be hacked and modded op.

• Advertisement
Advertisement