Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler house

Options
  • 07-04-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

just a question on domestic boiler house's
    most all the boiler/plant rooms in large commercial and industrial installations that i have seen are done in steel conduit and trunking . is there anything in the regulations to cover domestic installations .......i have seen one in a large house recently which was done in nym-j and another one with no boiler but with a heat pump and it was in pvc conduit(looked very well)
    so question is what a domestic boiler house supposed to be wired in???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

its more to do with engineers specs and if the moneys there to do it, then do it. i always find containment is far better than clipping cables along a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

cant belive no replys on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Anytime i ever do installations in domestic boiler houses or even in a block shed or anywhere that requires a surface job, i usually use round plastic conduit drops and metal surface sockets and boxes, switches etc.

Did a plant room for a large house a couple of years ago where i used a 2 x 2 steel trunking and steel conduits. But usually i would go with the plastic round conduit in domestic situations.

I did some industrial ones as well which was always steel conduit, trunking, sockets.

Advertisement