Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

747 to the airport

Options
  • 07-04-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hey folks, wondering if you could help me out very quickly.

I've got to get out to the airport tomorrow morning on short notice and it's too late to book tickets online with aircoach (how I usually travel). I'm going to get the 747 out there, but I can't quite decipher the dublin bus website.

Can you get on at O'Connell Street or do I have to hoof it out to BusÁras? And do I need to buy a prepaid ticket or can I pay the fare while boarding?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,427 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can pay cash on board. There is a discount of €1-2 you you buy a return.

However, you could also get any multi-day ticket and that includes Airlink. I tend to get 5 day tickets (€21), so that works out at €4.20 per day. the days don't need to be consecutive.

You can get it from Heuston (748), O'Connell Street or Busáras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

The Airlink stop is in front of the Dublin Bus Offices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i don't think you have to pre-buy aircoach tickets...

in fact, if you go early in the morning, you may meet taxi drivers taking everyone from the stop for the price of the bus each!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Ah, if you can pay while boarding the aircoach then I'll just get on at the stop on dawson street as it's nearer my new gaff in town.

Cheers guys, much appreciated!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tfak85 wrote: »
    in fact, if you go early in the morning, you may meet taxi drivers taking everyone from the stop for the price of the bus each!

Has anything ever been done about this...?I have seen it happen loads of time aircoach must be losing a lot of cash this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Dub13 wrote: »
    Has anything ever been done about this...?I have seen it happen loads of time aircoach must be losing a lot of cash this way.

As a cyclist in Dublin, I have no sympathy for Aircoach, if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Dub13 wrote: »

On a couple of occasions I've seen Aircoach people standing at the more popular bus stops (e.g. Leeson street). I think they might have been there to take down the numbers of any taxis that do this.

Advertisement