Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh i wish pups could stay pups

• 07-04-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

hi..i've just noticed yesterday my little guy is loosing his "puppy" teeth, two fell out! poor guy:( he's really out of sorts

then it just hit me how much he's grown since I got him. he was no bigger than my hand when i took him in.

I'm glad he's growing healthy but part of me is sad!!! I just love him so much...

sorry,feeling very emotional today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I know the feeling, our pups have had growth spurts recently and it made me notice that they are growing up so fast. The 7 month old is growing into his height and getting a gorgeous coat but the 4 and a half one is like a gangly kid. I wish they could stay adorable like that forever but at least I don't have to pick up as much poo any more!

One of the older ones has had pups that will be 3 weeks on Saturday so the cute little poo machines will be starting all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Noooo...:D
    I'm into my 6th day with an 8/9 week old collie and can't wait till I can take the tissues out of my pocket, get rid of the basin of washing powder solution from the living room and not have to run around the house watching everything she does. Oh to get back to the regular routine I've developed with my other dogs. :D
    That said, she is adorable and I wouldn't have it any other way, they do make you emotional alright.
    Do you keep the milk teeth (like I do if I find them :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

This is my biggest pet peeve (ignore the pun!).

I have a 1yr 9month husky and a 9month husky, nad got them both 1 year apart to the day. The younger girl still acts like a pup but by god she doesn't look like one anymore, she's twice the size of my older girl!

It really annoys me how big they get so quickly, and makes me broody for another! At least with a baby you get a few years out of it, with puppies its more like 4 months!!!!

No more doggies for me, but I cant help but google husky puppies all the time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

yea I know what you mean, my 2yr old lab has really calmed down a lot lately and I only really became aware of it last night, It was kinda weird because I always wanted her to be like this but now she is, I miss the old her that was full of beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I'm into my 6th day with an 8/9 week old collie and can't wait till I can take the tissues out of my pocket, get rid of the basin of washing powder solution from the living room and not have to run around the house watching everything she does. Oh to get back to the regular routine I've developed with my other dogs. :D
    That said, she is adorable and I wouldn't have it any other way, they do make you emotional alright.

Gotta agree with you on this one. I have all three of my dogs since they were a 8 - 11 weeks old and while there is alot to love about puppies I am always glad when they reach that 18 - 24 month age.
    My youngest is 21 months, she is nicely settle now and I have my rountine going with them, the thoughts of getting another puppy right now exhausts me.
    I'm sure there'll come a day where my heart aches for another puppy around the place but for now give my grown guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

My Labbie is 7 years old in 2 weeks and she still acts like she did when we got her at 5 months. She will always be my PUPPY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I was just thinking the same thing the other night, but then I was wishing they'd get out of the adolescent stage quick when I found my 3 month old runners in the back garden the following morning. Puppyhood was a doodle in comparison!!!!

Although I could see how big they had got, it wasn't until I came across some pics of them taken the day we got them that I realised how small they actually were.

Wouldnt change them for the world tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

+1 - except for the teeth part - gross!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

tk123 wrote: »
    gross!! :pac:
    I know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Hmmmmmmm as much as I agree,
    I cant wait to see if my 14 week old husky will
    EVER grow up and get some manners! :D
    Siggggggghhhhh........ :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement