Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daley V Diaz, Strikeforce, April 9th 2011

• 08-04-2011 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Am i the only one pumped for the fight of the year?
    This is the Mayweather Pacquaio of the MMA World!
    A genuine superfight at last!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Should be a good'un, but Mayweather v Pacquiao proportions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Wouldn't call it a super fight tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Its a case of the one of the best chins in mma versus the most powerful punch and I can't wait to see which one wins.

I wonder will Daley make weight though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There is already a thread, Mods merge?

I also agree that callign it a super fight is a bit much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz should win this provided he don't think he can exchange with Daly.

Diaz will go for the single leg take Daly down frustrate him for a while and eventually submit him.If he can't get him down well night night Diaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If this stays standing I don't see Diaz being able to withstand the punches.

Diaz will have to take him down regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Diaz will handle himself fine on the feet, Diaz isn't Scott Smith we must remember, Diaz looked fantastic against a striker like KJ Noons, Diaz has this one in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Diaz will handle himself fine on the feet, Diaz isn't Scott Smith we must remember, Diaz looked fantastic against a striker like KJ Noons, Diaz has this one in my opinion.

I agree, Diaz is a better striker. But he has to stick and move. He cannot risk getting hit by Daley's superior power punches. I think Diaz will take him down and get a triangle or armbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

dave1982 wrote: »
    Diaz should win this provided he don't think he can exchange with Daly.

Diaz will go for the single leg take Daly down frustrate him for a while and eventually submit him.If he can't get him down well night night Diaz

You should check out this interview with Nick Diaz. If you listen through his usual random endless ranting, he makes a good argument for no elbows on the ground(Strikeforce) versus elbows on the ground(UFC). He basically makes the point that he thought Koscheck won his fight against Daley due to being allowed to hold him on the ground because he could stay busy using short elbows that don't cause damage, rather than having to create space to punch which opens up the fight a bit more. It's a solid enough point really, you rarely see those type of fights in SF whereas they're rife in the UFC. On that basis I doubt Diaz wants to win by being a blanket and frustrating Daley on the ground and doing no actual damage.

I'm very excited for this fight too, Daley can be a complete savage when he connects and is very underrated. They're both very technical strikers and it's a title fight so it could go five round, but I doubt it will. It's the first Diaz fight in a while that he's not automatically the overwhelming favorite.

Excited for this fight, and the other three fights on the main card. Quite strange for Strikeforce to have a decent fight (on paper) in every slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    You should check out this interview with Nick Diaz. If you listen through his usual random endless ranting

diaz is :pac: as a brush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They're both fcukin idiots IMO, is there any way they can both lose? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

scudzilla wrote: »

not really, but if this happened you might smile :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxApKBCUJkg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Looking forward to it. I see diaz winning by triangle - daly drops him with a punch, comes swarming in to finish, boom, subbed, fight over.

Are there any countdown-like promos for this event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking forward to this one, can't stand either of em but I think I can't stand Daley that bit more

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Really looking forward to seeing Daley and Jardine beaten badly.

not really, but if this happened you might smile :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxApKBCUJkg

lol @ the ref's reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Am i the only one pumped for the fight of the year?
    This is the Mayweather Pacquaio of the MMA World!
    A genuine superfight at last!
    Mayweather v Pacquaio - you have to be joking or Daley's only fan on the forum.

Now GSP v Anderson Silva, that's what I'd call Pacquaio v Mayweather :cool:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one, can't stand either of em but I think I can't stand Daley that bit more

I know it takes two to tango, but Daley even surpasses Bisping as a pr!ck.

What have people got against Daley? I love watching the guy fight, it's always exciting and he has a hell of a highlight reel. Even for those who are UFC fans rather than MMA fans, two of his three UFC fights were knockouts!

Plus the fact that they're both hotheads, you're guaranteed an explosive fight.

Can't wait for this one.

What have people got against Daley? I love watching the guy fight, it's always exciting and he has a hell of a highlight reel. Even for those who are UFC fans rather than MMA fans, two of his three UFC fights were knockouts!

Can't wait for this one.
    What have people got against Daley? - Daley's swing at Koscheck after the fight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he also in trouble for threatening to hit a referee or something ?

As for his skills, he's got little else but a great left hook. Only won twice by submission, far from been the full package as an MMA fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Can't wait for this one.

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »

I guess i must apologise for this.

Diaz being involved in a huge fight after the bell and Daley suckerpunching Kos makes them respectable, decent and stand up guys. Once again i apologise for calling them idiots, they are far from it and are true role models for countless up and coming fighters out there

why are people complaining about Diaz's standup?

He kicked Frankie Sham's and KJ Noon's arses standing up.

I really hope he hurts Daley bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can't wait for this one.

I'm very much on par with your view of Daley and fighter akin to Daley. I watch UFC to see guys fight. Yeah Daley was an absolute idiot for giving Kos a slap( it was a childish punch, if Daley wanted to do severe damage like a total scumbag he could have demolished with a real punch)

The way to look at it, all this talk of looking for role models and the instances of MMA talking from their high horses is at times laughable.

Smack talkers, douchebags and fueds for me make fights one million times more entertaining and IMO it really doesn't take away from my appricatiation of the "sporting" part of MMA.

Give me two hotheaded guys with no respect for each other over two guys hugging claiming they are going to get "fight of the night" any day.

More interested in what happens inside the ring tbh and it's usually exciting when either of these two are involved. Likeable/unlikable or being a good role model; meh. So long as they show up and put on a good fight I couldn't care less. It's not the rose of tralee we're watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Have to agree, have generally really enjoyed Daley's fights, am really looking forward to this one tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

seadnamac wrote: »
    Are you serious?

What makes you think he's not serious? His points are all valid, I totally agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Can someone please pm me a stream that they use,mine is gone thanks

bret69 wrote: »
    What makes you think he's not serious? His points are all valid, I totally agree!

How can anyone not be able to figure out for themselves what people may have against Paul Daley?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

How can anyone not be able to figure out for themselves what people may have against Paul Daley?
    RACIST!!!!!

Seriously some people can look past what he did and see him as an exciting fighter that can end a fight with one punch, others think he's a scumbag for that hit on kos.

Personal opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Joe.S

Does anyone know where i can stream this fight live?

RACIST!!!!!

Haha!
    Seriously some people can look past what he did and see him as an exciting fighter that can end a fight with one punch, others think he's a scumbag for that hit on kos.

Personal opinion

I know, I'm not arguing that at all. I have no problem with people not having anything against him, but to say someone can't actually figure out why someone MIGHT have, is a bit much no?

Haha!

I know, I'm not arguing that at all. I have no problem with people not having anything against him, but to say someone can't actually figure out why someone MIGHT have, is a bit much no?

Not a bit much at all. It might surprise you but there are a lot of fight fans that watch for the fights, not the personalities. I was never into WWF wrestling or any of that stuff so I couldn't care less about the cult of personality in MMA and I'm sure it's the case for the majority of fans. Personally I don't like Frankie Edgar or GSP, I'm sure they're lovely fellas but their fights bore the arse off me.

Not a bit much at all. It might surprise you but there are a lot of fight fans that watch for the fights, not the personalities. I was never into WWF wrestling or any of that stuff so I couldn't care less about the cult of personality in MMA and I'm sure it's the case for the majority of fans. Personally I don't like Frankie Edgar or GSP, I'm sure they're lovely fellas but their fights bore the arse off me.

What? WWF? Cult of personality? What are you on about?

What? WWF? Cult of personality? What are you on about?

Having a dislike for a fighter for reasons other than their fighting style obviously.

• Advertisement

Having a dislike for a fighter for reasons other than their fighting style obviously.

Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I don't remember looking forward to a non ufc fight as much as this.

I only ever shouted for koscheck once and tonight will probably
    be the only time I shout for nick diaz
    I love trashtalking, I just hate trashtalking scumbags but it's
    unusual to have two of them face each other
    The likes of sonnen has his haters but i think he's hilarious and
    the Q&A before the silva fight was stand up comedy

I hope diaz stands with daley rather than taking the safe option
    as it won't be contest otherwise imo
    Could be a war in that case but i reckon diaz would be one
    of the few to stand with daley and still beat him and if it
    goes to the later rounds i doubt daley will have much to offer.
    I didn't check any fight records but i doubt either of the diaz
    brothers have ever been or will ever be knocked out.
    Both can take plenty of punishment

i've a double done on diaz win and melendez(points)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

well m8 wat channel is it on??

mailburner wrote: »
    I don't remember looking forward to a non ufc fight as much as this.

I only ever shouted for koscheck once and tonight will probably
    be the only time I shout for nick diaz
    I love trashtalking, I just hate trashtalking scumbags but it's
    unusual to have two of them face each other
    The likes of sonnen has his haters but i think he's hilarious and
    the Q&A before the silva fight was stand up comedy

I hope diaz stands with daley rather than taking the safe option
    as it won't be contest otherwise imo
    Could be a war in that case but i reckon diaz would be one
    of the few to stand with daley and still beat him and if it
    goes to the later rounds i doubt daley will have much to offer.
    I didn't check any fight records but i doubt either of the diaz
    brothers have ever been or will ever be knocked out.

Both can take plenty of punishment

i've a double done on diaz win and melendez(points)

I checked for you and the only TKO loss between both brothers was Nick losing:
    4–1 Loss United States Jeremy Jackson TKO (Punches) UA 4: King of the Mountain 2002-09-28 1 0:49 United States Auberry, California King of the Mountain tournament Final.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ULJa3ylek

Eire09 wrote: »
    well m8 wat channel is it on??

as far as i can see its only on primetime

im sure there's a few streams out there though

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=112560&part=sports

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Joe.S

I found this one dont think its on till 3am tho

http://www.mmavideofights.net/strikeforce-live-stream/

Joe.S wrote: »
    I found this one dont think its on till 3am tho

http://www.mmavideofights.net/strikeforce-live-stream/

I think it's 2am.

Bellator has a couple of interesting fights and it starts at 1am http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_40
    Probably won't get to Askren or Hieron fights before Strikeforce starts though.

I wish they hadn't moved Bellator from Thursday :(

some of the earlier fights are on primetime now
    im assuming that wont be the case when the main card starts
    better than nothing i guess

indeed it wont be
    11.95 to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

exhausted after a long day today and an 18th last night, got about 5 hours sleep and woke up a few minutes ago. bring on the limited amount of action i'll get to see! WAR DIAZ

So are DREAM fighters under contract with Zuffa now or what?

Diaz was dropped!!!

How i wish that could have gone on for more than one round, what a fight!!!

Jebus, hell of a fight :eek:

Would love to have had it go on a bit longer though.

Jebus, hell of a fight :eek:

Would love to have had it go on a bit longer though.

Few seconds later and we might have seen a second round. :(

Still awake ? this stream is now showing bellator http://www.sportsnmore.tv/index2.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement