Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No census form

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum.
    Anyone else not receive their census form yet? Are they all given out? I live in an apartment in an urban area and I'm home outside of work every weekday and some weekends. Don't know how I've been missed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭marshmallowx

you should have received it by now for sure, they should all have been delivered at this stage. Call the CSO tomorrow and let them know, they will send your enumerator around with your form - 1890 2011 11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Im assuming nobody has called to you then. I say this because they called to me albeit a hosue and I wasnt there. They left a card saying they had called with a number to call to contact them with my availability.

Even in an apartment block I would assme they would have popped a card under your door / in your mailbox. If you didnt get one assumption is they never called.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

A card was dropped in my letterbox on Tues. I called the number giving he person several times that someone would be home and still no form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

We haven't got one either. No cards left either (that I've seen anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evais

I'm an enumerator and I have heard that in areas with gated communities & apartment blocks, some enumerators have experienced a lot of problems trying to deliver forms. You should contact Census 1890 2011 11 asap to receive your form.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

Thanks for the replies everyone. I filled in an online form on the Census website and got a call from the enumerator. They claim that they have called to the estate numerous times but I got no note under the door/in mail box and have been here at least every weekday. I have a private entrance so there is no problem getting to my apartment. I arranged a time anyway and got the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

I'm guessing its too late at this point. Lol.

Interestingly enough my neighbour didn't get theirs either. They may well have omitted my entire street.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

if you have a card for the enumerator give it a call, I've already had a couple of calls today so far and dropped them off.
    If you can't get an answer definitely ring the main number given above and someone will pop out to you during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

sickle wrote: »
    if you have a card for the enumerator give it a call, I've already had a couple of calls today so far and dropped them off.
    If you can't get an answer definitely ring the main number given above and someone will pop out to you during the week.

No, no card. Also I work from home as does my house mate and my neighbour is a retiree. I'd say they definitely neglected my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Velvet shank

ferdiaob wrote: »
    I'm guessing its too late at this point. Lol.

Interestingly enough my neighbour didn't get theirs either. They may well have omitted my entire street.

not too late at all...there's no problem in filling one out after the census night if it comes to that..the enumerators are employed for almost a month in collecting forms and can still distribute them to households they missed before the census date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I didn't get a form or have any contact from anybody. Do I care? Realistically the census is of no use to anybody but historians 50-100 years from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I live in a rural area, people next door have got the form. However we have not and I have zero intention of looking for one. Some of the questions that are asked are a bit too personal. Mind your own god damn business.

No note left either so if the enumator comes round he will be told to go jump. I have no intention of ringing either.

Advertisement