Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaspersky - Connection to Admin Server failed after BES Express Install

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

SBS 2008 SP 2
    Kas Admin 8.0.2134
    BES Express 5.0.2
    SQL Config Man 2005.090.5000.00

Hi,
    I have a single server domain running sbs 2008. I've had Kaspersky running fine for the last 2months. I installed Bes Express 5.0.2 yesterday on my sbs2008 server. During the install I upgraded to SQL 2005 Express SP3. Now I cannot connect to the Kaspersky Administration Server.
    I have database's SQL (BLACKBERRY) & SQL (Kav_CS_Admin_Kit)

I can connect to both using Microsft SQL Server Management Studio Express.

I have received this error in the log file.
    Database error occured: #1950 (-2147467259) Generic db error: "0x80004005, 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server', 'Unspecified error', 'Cannot open database "KAV" requested by the login. The login failed.', GUID='{0C733A8B-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D}', LastStatement=''"

On the Kaspersky Minimum requirements - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 and above

i have only found old post saying the database is not supported.

Obivously the install of BES Express and the upgrade to SQL SP3 has caused a problem. I do not know much about SQL. Does anybody have an idea about reconnecting KAS to the database

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

So, after a lot of messing and looking at logs it seems the Kaspersky database got corrupted with the Bes Express install.

All back up and running now.
    1.I removed the Kaspersky Database and Administration Kit.
    2.Reinstalled the Administration Kit
    3.Pushed the network agent back to all clients.

Hope to move Bes to a new server with its own SQL Express soon

Advertisement