Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

I've received a 7 day ban from politics for what one mod determined was an offensive posting.

However, I dispute that determination, I further stand over everything I said and I wish for the thread to be re-opened and myself unbanned so I can post facts, dates, names, persons, murders, responsible parties and those that colluded with same from the orange order to back up everything that I've said for which I received a ban.

I have contacted the mod who banned me but they are dismissive and will not engage.

I cannot link the original post as I have been banned.
    The gist of the original post of which I replied too, which was wrote in the full knowledge of trolling I might add by the original poster who is and has admitted same in the past, a loyalist who hates Catholics and is an open supporter (along with his loyalist friend who posted 2 minutes after his reply, funnily enough) of past loyalist deeds - was that the loyalist orange order where somehow great guys because one of their more moderate members now dead, received a makey up award from a catholic school and that their "culture" is just misunderstood.

I replied, and I can only give the quote received from the mod in his reply so cannot verify the exact contents myself...
    What "culture" ? Your culture revolves around your belief that you are better in every way over Catholics and your members have stood hand in hand with despicable loyalist terrorists who have murdered many innocent people.

You can shove your "culture" where the sun don't shine, the vast majority of people in both Ireland and the UK couldn't give a crap about your extremist right wing sectarian nutjob "culture".

The first part of my reply is absolutely 100% true and I can back this up with evidence, names, responsible parties and even photographs of those within the orange order, of high standing within same, being involved with loyalist terrorists and the deep ingrained friendly association with murdering loyalist, sectarian terrorists within the orange order.

I can also give evidence of hate crimes, sectarianism and actual violent crimes committed in the name of the orange order by their members.

The second part of my reply, which could be seen by apologists or those of a loyalist, sectarian or otherwise murdering terrorist persuasion as somewhat curt is also nonetheless absolutely true and I stand over what I've said.

The only "offensive" part of my reply was the curt nature of the second part herein, though it is, again, nonetheless true. There is no orange order "culture" - there is and only ever was sectarianism, hatred and a triumphalist attitude over and against Catholics. In any other part of the world they would be deemed a terrorist hate organisation and proscribed as such, however given the pandering by both the Irish and British administrations to same in order to placate them and not cause an outbreak of terrorist violence from their members - we must in some way try to live with their sectarian, racist hate. It does NOT however mean that we must like them, in any way honour them, forgive their past nor must we accept their sectarian hatred as what they deem a "culture".

It is not a "culture", it is pure plain and simple sectarian hatred and racism.

I see no offence in what I said other than that which it would cause those who wish their past to somehow be forgotten, like it never happened, sure it's all grand now we got a makey up award from some random school and we can be forgiven for our links with terrorism, murders, support and funding for same.

I also feel it is yet another case of double standards by Politics mods, who are very slow if they ever, respond to or take action against certain loyalists or those of that persuasion who post on these forums it seems unabated, continuous and incessant with trolling, incitement, flamebaiting, or otherwise of Irish Nationalists/Republicans/Catholics.

For what it's worth, before I get the usual bullcrap of "ah sure you're just a Republican with a Republican agenda" - I am not, I am of a Protestant persuasion, long since lapsed and now no religion, who voted SF for the first time in the last election and apart from standing up and speaking out for what I think is right, I have had and continue to have no further dealings or otherwise with Republicans of any nature, though I neither have no problem being labelled as one for that matter, so long as it's not used as some excuse to otherwise discount my point of view.

I would like my ban removed and I would also request exactly what I said that was offensive (curt I would accept, offensive no) that required a 7 day ban be imposed as the moderator in question refused to answer the same question I asked in reply as and to what exactly I said that was deemed offensive.

Thank you.

Advertisement