Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Apps

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

I was recently forced to replace my almost decade old mobile, held together by sellotape and luck, and practically a historical artefact in itself. I bought myself one of these newfandangled smart phones, and have been acquainting myself with the whole "app market" for the past few days (so that's what an Android is!). Anyway, they have apps for everything from logging one's poo (and sharing pictures and reports with friends:eek:), to tracking diabetes. I haven't been able to find any good history related apps. I think the potential there is amazing. Imagine being able to browse the Lourve collection on one's phone, or do a tour of the Uffici whilst sitting on a train! So far though, I've found nothing. The question is therefore, do such apps, exist, and does anyone know of some?

PS: I know a mod might think this more suited to the tech forum, but I asked in there, and to say the least, they don't seem all that historically inclinded! It's related to history, so I hope it can stay here.

Advertisement