Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Petrol\Diesel on Trim Road

Options
  • 08-04-2011 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Little garage on the Trim Road, just before Navan, think its Balgill, Bective?

is doing diesel for 1.41 and petrol for 1.46

They dont take Visa , but do take Laser

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Use it all the time now. They do take Visa by the way, but they apply a charge - that's what they told me anyway. Laser is free to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Laser is charged 30cent if used for purchase under E30

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Passed him earlier today: 141.9 for diesel, 147.9 for the good stuff. Great price for the diesel, his petrol has gone up a bit though as he was 144.9 a couple of weeks back when the others were all 149.9, most of the others are at 148.9 now so 1 cent cheaper for petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The one that does have the food stand in it during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭TheBigKahuna

It's Brennans, or at least it used to be. Usually 3/4c cheaper than most places. I'm always dubious of places that are that much cheaper then the average but I've gotten fuel there plenty of times and my car hasn't exploded. Yet. That said, given the price of petrol, it's not worthg your while driving out of your way anymore to save a few pence per litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

It's Branded (TOP) so it should be okay.

Kevin Bradys out the Kells road is pretty reasonable also. He is also TOP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

The garages (bradys on the kells road and the one on the trim road) are sister stations owned by the same people (the lad in the kells road one told me)... and i had great faith in them but the price in both is slowly creeping up! :mad:

They do drums of kerosene as well and they are gone up too... from 16 to 20 euro!

i used to think the garage in Navan at back of the credit union was the best value (cheapest) in town, and we went there all the time spending over €100 each week between two cars, but like maxol on the dublin road... they got greedy and up went the prices... started off that they were 5 cent cheaper then everywhere else, than 2 cent, 1 cent and then matched! looks like these two garages on the trim and kells road are slowly getting greedy too.

If you drive a car, you are screwed now.

Just watch... the two are only 2 cent behind the rest at the moment... where they were 5 cent or more up till last month.:mad:

If the named garages are reading this... just watch, you drop your prices and you will get more volume through the stations and up goes your sales without having to be greedy. Word of mouth on prices also travels fast around neighbours too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Debs_man

Coal Yard at the Fair Green in Navan sells diesel and it is normally a few cent cheaper then the main garages around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Is this the place just over the motorway overpass (Trim side)? beyond the MDL grounds?

if so, I got diesel there 136.9 last Wednesday. I thought that was pretty good.

Petrol was i think 148.9 so nothing amazing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Diesel 137.9 in the garage in Beauparc the other day. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

I've been getting patrol from this station in Bective since March. Last week I started having problems with my car, this is new and I have few kms. I brought it to a garage in Trim and they couldn't fix it, and they suggested me to bring it to Navan and they say that it's the poor quality patrol the cause. I have to pay from 200 to 300 euro to get the patrol removed and re-filled with proper patrol.
    Coincidently a coleague is having the same problem since last week and he goes to the same patrol station. And the garage in Navan said that they have another car with the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hi Sushmita, sorry to hear that.
    This garage is selling unbranded diesel and petrol and it is way cheaper than other places. While it is very tempting I dont buy there anymore, I might buy from the shop alright but not petrol or diesel.
    A number of people I know would not puchase there and they are right....it's too risky. I had a problem with fuel injectors a few years ago that cost over €2,500 to fix and ruined a holiday. That was possibly caused by bad diesel but I couldnt identify where the source was as I bought from several garages (including there) at the time. Now, I only buy diesel from recognised branded garages or the oil distributers like Keatings or Griffiths.

I hope it works out for you as these costs are the last thing we need and the price of motoring is expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

I've been buying petrol there for the last 2 years & no problems to date, I prefer to buy there rather than succumb to the local petrol cartel garages in the town!!

I continue my blog here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056697032 for not duplicating

I'm writing here to update you and tell you that in the end the petrol station recognized the damage and I've been fully refunded, they refunded me the cost of petrol as well. I'm glad that they've behaved very honestly.
    If you know of anyone who had the same experience, you can tell them that they can be refunded.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Cheapest petrol ive had in a while is out on the ratoath to Ashbourne road. The ones in Ratoath and fairyhouse where cheaper than average as well.
    There was one out past Navan racecourse that was on the cheap side as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Have just heard of another horror story of someone who bought diesel here yesterday.
    Apperantly first time to use the place as her regular place was closed for the bank holiday.
    Car is in garage and (washed) diesel is the problem.

Advertisement